2.5 Structure editing
- Insert new heading with same level as current. If the cursor is in a plain
list item, a new item is created (see Plain lists). When this command is
used in the middle of a line, the line is split and the rest of the line
becomes the new headline1.
- Insert new TODO entry with same level as current heading.
- <TAB> in new, empty entry
- In a new entry with no text yet, <TAB> will cycle through reasonable
- Promote/demote current heading by one level.
- Promote/demote the current subtree by one level.
- Move subtree up/down (swap with previous/next subtree of same
- C-c C-w
- Refile entry or region to a different location. See Refile and copy.
- C-x n s/w
- Narrow buffer to current subtree / widen it again
When there is an active region (Transient Mark mode), promotion and
demotion work on all headlines in the region.