* org-odt: protected (ie non-breakable) space
@ 2012-03-19 11:18 Martin Gürtler
From: Martin Gürtler @ 2012-03-19 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

is it possible to have protected spaces in an odt exported from
org.-mode? I tried ~ and \nbsp, but both come out literally.

Thanks,

Martin

* Re: org-odt: protected (ie non-breakable) space
@ 2012-03-19 13:31 ` John Rakestraw
From: John Rakestraw @ 2012-03-19 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Martin --

> is it possible to have protected spaces in an odt exported from
> org.-mode? I tried ~ and \nbsp, but both come out literally.

I just tried inserting the non-breaking space in emacs with C-x, 8,
<space>. It shows up as a non-breaking space in the odt file.

--
John Rakestraw

* Re: org-odt: protected (ie non-breakable) space
@ 2012-03-19 15:04   ` Martin Gürtler
From: Martin Gürtler @ 2012-03-19 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear John,

Am Montag, den 19.03.2012, 09:31 -0400 schrieb John Rakestraw:
> Hi, Martin --
>

> > is it possible to have protected spaces in an odt exported from
> > org.-mode? I tried ~ and \nbsp, but both come out literally.
>
> I just tried inserting the non-breaking space in emacs with C-x, 8,
> <space>. It shows up as a non-breaking space in the odt file.

thanks. I had not thought of this simple way. Works perfectly and even
survives the export to MS Office.

Martin