* Strange extra-space when using yasnippet for Org-mode heading
@ 2012-04-10 15:17 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-04-10 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I do have a simple yasnippet template:

,----[ ~/.emacs/yasnippets/text-mode/org-mode/test ]
| # name : test snippet
| # # --
| ** $1 $2  :$1$2:
| $0
`----

When I invoke the snippet using »test« followed by the TAB key,
yasnippet correctly inserts the template. But after pressing the
first key afterwards, I get an extra space character.

,----[ result with extra-space after »f« ]
| ** f oo bar   :f oobar:
| <Cursor>
`----

I am not even sure if this is an Org-mode related problem at all.
But since I do *not* end up with extra space characters when I
modify the template so that the two asterisks are missing (no
heading), I am afraid that Org-mode has a problem with yasnippet (at
least at my side).

Thanks for any pointer!

PS. current Org-mode from git; yasnippet (version 0.6.1b)

--
Karl Voit

* Re: Strange extra-space when using yasnippet for Org-mode heading
@ 2012-04-12 15:31 ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2012-04-12 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Apr 10 2012, Karl Voit wrote:

> When I invoke the snippet using »test« followed by the TAB key,
> yasnippet correctly inserts the template. But after pressing the
> first key afterwards, I get an extra space character.

> ,----[ result with extra-space after »f« ]
> | ** f oo bar   :f oobar:
> | <Cursor>
> `----
>
> I am not even sure if this is an Org-mode related problem at all.
> But since I do *not* end up with extra space characters when I
> modify the template so that the two asterisks are missing (no
> heading), I am afraid that Org-mode has a problem with yasnippet (at
> least at my side).

Are you using org-indent-mode?  If so, maybe what you're seeing is
related to this outstanding bug:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-08/msg01059.html

Jason

* Re: Strange extra-space when using yasnippet for Org-mode heading
@ 2012-04-12 16:03   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2012-04-12 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Jason Dunsmore <jasondunsmore@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10 2012, Karl Voit wrote:
>
>> When I invoke the snippet using »test« followed by the TAB key,
>> yasnippet correctly inserts the template. But after pressing the
>> first key afterwards, I get an extra space character.

>> ,----[ result with extra-space after »f« ]
>> | ** f oo bar   :f oobar:
>> | <Cursor>
>> `----
>
> Are you using org-indent-mode?

Yes.

> If so, maybe what you're seeing is
> related to this outstanding bug:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-08/msg01059.html

It is?

Oh. I do not get the relation yet and if I deactivate
«org-startup-indented», I still can reproduce my problem with the
extra space.

Probably I was not able to explain it correctly: I do not mind,
where the tags are being placed. The extra space is *within* the

Karl Voit