Org-mode mailing list
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Links in complete org-todo-keyword-face not highlighted
@ 2020-10-01  0:00 Bob Wilson
  2020-10-01  0:30 ` Kyle Meyer
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Bob Wilson @ 2020-10-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2033 bytes --]

Hi folks,
   I often put links in TODOs, but it would appear that in org 9.4, marking a task complete changes the font of the entire text (link and non-link) to be the same color, so the link is no longer highlighted.

Minimal org file:
```
* TODO This is a [[https://www.gnu.org][test] <https://www.gnu.org%5D%5Btest]>]
```

When I open this in emacs, it looks like:
```
* TODO This is a test
```
with “test" being highlighted blue and underlined. When I mark it complete, it looks like:
```
* DONE This is a test
```
with “test” being brown, the same as the rest of the test. Notably, if I position point over test and hit “C-c C-o” the link still opens, so the link is definitely still there, it just looks the same as the rest of the header. That leads me to believe it is an incompatibility between the org-link face and org-todo-keyword-face, but I’m not 100% sure.

- Using emacs 26.3 on my personal laptop and 27.1 on my work laptop (problem occurs in both versions).
- Using Mac OSX Catalina everywhere.
- Using org version 9.4. I’m not 100% sure, but the problem doesn’t seem to have been present in 9.3.6, which is what I was using before upgrading to 9.4. I’ve been using 9.4 on my work laptop for a week or so, but was using 9.3.6 on my personal laptop. When I noticed the problem on my work laptop, I checked if it was also present on my personal laptop, but the behavior was as expected (link remains highlighted, font did not change colors at all actually when marking as complete). When I upgraded my personal laptop to 9.4, the problem appeared there too.
- No init.el (or .emacs) file. For some reason the problem does *not* occur when I run `emacs -nw -q`, but it does occur when I run `emacs -nw` after renaming my init.el file. I thought -q was equivalent to ignoring the init.el file, but I guess not!

I tried searching the mailing list to see if this has been discussed previously but didn’t see anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,
Bob Wilson

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2840 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Links in complete org-todo-keyword-face not highlighted
  2020-10-01  0:00 Links in complete org-todo-keyword-face not highlighted Bob Wilson
@ 2020-10-01  0:30 ` Kyle Meyer
  2020-10-01 15:30   ` Bob Wilson
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-10-01  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Wilson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bob Wilson writes:

> I often put links in TODOs, but it would appear that in org 9.4,
> marking a task complete changes the font of the entire text (link and
> non-link) to be the same color, so the link is no longer highlighted.
[...]
> I tried searching the mailing list to see if this has been discussed
> previously but didn’t see anything. Any help would be appreciated!

In v9.4, the default of org-fontify-done-headline changed to t, which
results in the org-headline-done face applied.  You can set it to nil to
restore the previous behavior.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: Links in complete org-todo-keyword-face not highlighted
  2020-10-01  0:30 ` Kyle Meyer
@ 2020-10-01 15:30   ` Bob Wilson
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Bob Wilson @ 2020-10-01 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Meyer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks Kyle! Worked like a charm!

Kind regards,
Bob



> On Sep 30, 2020, at 5:30 PM, Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com> wrote:
> 
> Bob Wilson writes:
> 
>> I often put links in TODOs, but it would appear that in org 9.4,
>> marking a task complete changes the font of the entire text (link and
>> non-link) to be the same color, so the link is no longer highlighted.
> [...]
>> I tried searching the mailing list to see if this has been discussed
>> previously but didn’t see anything. Any help would be appreciated!
> 
> In v9.4, the default of org-fontify-done-headline changed to t, which
> results in the org-headline-done face applied.  You can set it to nil to
> restore the previous behavior.


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-10-01 15:42 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-01  0:00 Links in complete org-todo-keyword-face not highlighted Bob Wilson
2020-10-01  0:30 ` Kyle Meyer
2020-10-01 15:30   ` Bob Wilson

Org-mode mailing list

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://orgmode.org/list/0 list/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 list list/ https://orgmode.org/list \
		emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index list

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.emacs.orgmode
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.emacs.orgmode


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git