* How to reinject custom function into derived backend which doesn't implement it, ex : footnote in ox-slimhtml backend.
@ 2020-10-02 20:26 rey-coyrehourcq
From: rey-coyrehourcq @ 2020-10-02 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm trying to develop my own `publish.el` for some research project linked to reproductibility.
I chose ox-slimhtml [0] as derived backend to limit and simplify the html/css outputs generated by vanilla html
backend/publish.

Actually footnotes are not defined in ox-slimhtml, so as i read in the org documentation [1] ),
i try to add this capacity by simply calling vanilla ox-html function org-html-footnote-reference into translate-alist :

(org-export-define-derived-backend 'ox-slimhtml-publish-to-html 'slimhtml
  :translate-alist '((bold . ox-slimhtml-bold)

                    (footnote-reference . org-html-footnote-reference)
                     (verse-block . org-html-
verse-block)
                     (special-block . org-html-special-block)))

Using the vanilla ox-html export function, everything is awesome and footnote appear in my html, normal.

:publishing-function org-blog-publish-to-html

But if i switch to ":publishing-function ox-slimhtml-publish-to-html" the function
org-html-footnote-reference is never called.

There is something i don't understand in the processing of "translate-alist", so perhaps if the derived backend doesn't
implement a footnote-reference function, i cannot extend it ?

If you have some higlight on this, or solution on this problem, i'm interested.

[0] https://github.com/balddotcat/ox-slimhtml
[1] https://orgmode.org/manual/Advanced-Export-Configuration.html

Best
--