From: Pete Phillips <pete@smtl.co.uk>
To: Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Re: my GTD setup
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 16:49:55 +0000	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Spiers <orgmode@adamspiers.org> writes:

    Rustom>> Reminds me [this is OT-squared] that as a young boy, I wanted to
    Rustom>> become a pianist. I would spend my time trying to play but even
    Rustom>> more time listening wide-eyed to the great masters and wondering
    Rustom>> if they had a couple of extra pairs of hands.

    Rustom>> Well who knows... I never became much of a pianist but I'll
    Rustom>> become a virtuoso Org-Gtder and write a book so that other
    Rustom>> disorganized linux geeks can follow a gentler learning curve
    Rustom>> towards org-anized heaven.

    Adam> As a Linux geek and part-time musician (and even more
    Adam> occasional pianist), I can safely say that in both cases
    Adam> mastery requires a life-long quest, but the fun is in the
    Adam> journey ;-)

    :-)

Weird stuff this, but perhaps linux/emacs/gtd does attract a certain
sort of person (geek musicians ?) ?  I'm also a musician (mainly jazz
pianist these days). You can listen to some of our stuff here:

       http://www.detox-jazz.co.uk/

in the LHS "Tracks to download" bar, or on myspace:

	http://www.myspace.com/detoxjazz

(Noisy venue I'm afraid.)

Anyway, can I wish you all a great Christmas as well, and say a big
thank you to Carsten for the enormous effort and dedication he puts into
org-mode.  Also, to others like Bastien for picking up some of the
org-mode development and running with it. Fantastic stuff.

Enjoy your holidays. I'm off to play some carols in the local pub.

Pete