From: Daniele Nicolodi <daniele@grinta.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-tables with monetary amounts
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 13:20:44 +0200

On 23/09/2020 18:55, Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Not answering your question directly but, depending on why and how you
> are using org tables for monetary calculations, you may wish to look at
> ledger [1].  There is support in org for ledger via babel (ob-ledger.el,
> distributed with org).

Hello Eric,

I use beancoount (another text-based accounting software, very similar
to ledger) for accounting purposes and I am very happy with it. I use
org-mode for planning and management tasks or simply to compare quotes,
things better handled in a a spreadsheet table.

I think it is time to have a look at how org-tables can be extended to
handle monetary quantities.

Cheers,
Dan