* Arbitrary colouration of words/sentences etc. in HTML export?
@ 2012-08-21 15:38 Jos'h Fuller
From: Jos'h Fuller @ 2012-08-21 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi!

Is there any good quick and /simple/ way to drop an arbitrary colour on a sequence of characters that will show up in the exported HTML page?

I have introduced a colleague to org-mode for generating documentation, however they want to use multiple colours to highlight different terms. Adding a CSS style rule for *bold* is OK, but it would be nice to do other colours without rendering the other common styles (/i/, _underscore_, etc.) useless. Something like:

    #+HTML: <span class="greenish">
    Greenword
    #+HTML: </span>

or even this:

    @<span style="color: green"> Greenword @</span>

is far too clumsy. Especially since they're using it partly so they don't have to deal with HTML.

Any better way to do this?

Thanks very much!

Jos'h Fuller, Production Programmer

Arc Productions Ltd.

p: 416.682.5237          | f: 416.682.5209     | http://www.arcproductions.com
230 Richmond Street East | Toronto, ON M5A 1P4 |

* Re: Arbitrary colouration of words/sentences etc. in HTML export?
@ 2012-08-21 16:05 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-08-21 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jos'h Fuller; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Jos'h Fuller <Jos'h.Fuller@arcproductions.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any good quick and /simple/ way to drop an arbitrary colour on a sequence of characters that will show up in the exported HTML page?
>
> I have introduced a colleague to org-mode for generating
> documentation, however they want to use multiple colours to highlight
> different terms. Adding a CSS style rule for *bold* is OK, but it
> would be nice to do other colours without rendering the other common
> styles (/i/, _underscore_, etc.) useless. Something like:
>
>     #+HTML: <span class="greenish">
>     Greenword
>     #+HTML: </span>
>
> or even this:
>
>     @<span style="color: green"> Greenword @</span>
>
> is far too clumsy. Especially since they're using it partly so they don't have to deal with HTML.
>
> Any better way to do this?

Hi Jos'h,

Add the following to your Emacs config,

    ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*-
    (org-add-link-type
     "color"
     (lambda (path)
       (message (concat "color "
                        (progn (add-text-properties
                                0 (length path)
                                (list 'face `((t (:foreground ,path))))
                                path) path))))
     (lambda (path desc format)
       (cond
        ((eq format 'html)
         (format "<span style=\"color:%s;\">%s</span>" path desc))
        ((eq format 'latex)
         (format "{\\color{%s}%s}" path desc)))))

and then you can use [[color:red][in red]] for colored export.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: Arbitrary colouration of words/sentences etc. in HTML export?
@ 2012-08-21 16:28   ` Jos'h Fuller
From: Jos'h Fuller @ 2012-08-21 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Perfect! Thanks /very/ much!