* Bad time display agenda view
@ 2013-01-14 10:50 Vincent Beffara
From: Vincent Beffara @ 2013-01-14 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hi,

Updated org today (release_7.9.3d-823-gd06fa4), and the times displayed in agenda-view for events of default duration look as if the duration was chosen to be 17 hours: I get this,

Talks: 14:30-1d 7:30sdf : lskdfjlskdjf
Talks: 17:30-18:30 sdfsdfs : sdf

(Here the second one has a timestamp like <... 17:30-18:30> and the first one like <... 14:30>.) Everything works out when pushed using org-caldav, so I believe this is just hapening during display. What is happening ?

BTW, my org-agenda-default-appointment-duration is set to 60.

Best,

--
Vincent Beffara

* Bug in org-agenda.el (Was: Bad time display in agenda view)
@ 2013-01-15 13:32 ` Vincent Beffara
From: Vincent Beffara @ 2013-01-15 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Ha, I got it !

When displaying the end time of an interval in agenda view, org-agenda transforms the initial time stamp to minutes, adds the default length to that and maps back to a time stamp using org-minutes-to-clocksum-string. The problem being that this functions checks org-time-clocksum-use-effort-durations and if set to t, uses that in the formatting. Meaning that "8:00" is displayed as "1d 0:00" instead, and "17:30" as "2d 1:30" and so on.

I am afraid to change the code, so I just customized org-time-clocksum-use-effort-durations to nil and everything works for now. But presumably this should be fixed by letting it be nil while formatting the end timestamp, somewhere near line 6404 of org-agenda.el ?

HTH,

Cheers,

/vincent

--
Vincent Beffara

On Monday, January 14, 2013 at 11:50 , Vincent Beffara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Updated org today (release_7.9.3d-823-gd06fa4), and the times displayed in agenda-view for events of default duration look as if the duration was chosen to be 17 hours: I get this,
>
> Talks: 14:30-1d 7:30sdf : lskdfjlskdjf
> Talks: 17:30-18:30 sdfsdfs : sdf
>

> (Here the second one has a timestamp like <... 17:30-18:30> and the first one like <... 14:30>.) Everything works out when pushed using org-caldav, so I believe this is just hapening during display. What is happening ?
>
> BTW, my org-agenda-default-appointment-duration is set to 60.
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Vincent Beffara

* Re: Bug in org-agenda.el
@ 2013-01-15 19:19   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-01-15 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Vincent Beffara writes:
> I am afraid to change the code, so I just customized
> org-time-clocksum-use-effort-durations to nil and everything works for
> now. But presumably this should be fixed by letting it be nil while
> formatting the end timestamp, somewhere near line 6404 of
> org-agenda.el ?

Probably yes, although there are other variables that should probably be
bound in this case (and maybe others).

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Bug in org-agenda.el
@ 2013-01-22 14:53   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-22 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Beffara; +Cc: Org Mode List

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Beffara <vbeffara+ml@gmail.com> writes:

> I am afraid to change the code, so I just customized

Com'on, don't be afraid!

> org-time-clocksum-use-effort-durations to nil and everything works for
> now. But presumably this should be fixed by letting it be nil while
> formatting the end timestamp, somewhere near line 6404 of
> org-agenda.el ?

Yes, thanks.  I fixed this in master.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug in org-agenda.el
@ 2013-01-22 14:54     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-22 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:

> Probably yes, although there are other variables that should probably be
> bound in this case (and maybe others).

If you can think of some others, please let us know.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug in org-agenda.el
@ 2013-01-22 17:20       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-01-22 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien writes:
> Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> writes:
>> Probably yes, although there are other variables that should probably be
>> bound in this case (and maybe others).
>
> If you can think of some others, please let us know.

The docstring of org-minutes-to-clocksum-string says:

  "Format number of minutes as a clocksum string.
The format is determined by `org-time-clocksum-format',
`org-time-clocksum-use-fractional' and
`org-time-clocksum-fractional-format' and
`org-time-clocksum-use-effort-durations'."

so these are the obvious candidates.  I'm not familiar enough with the
inner workings of the agenda code to decide whether these customizations
should be tzemporarily be disabled.  The code that introduced them is
relatively new, so the author(s) might know a bit more about that.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html