* org-mobile : checksum errors
@ 2012-02-05 15:56 Richard Riley
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Richard Riley @ 2012-02-05 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I reduced my mobile org file set to a single file "general.org" by
adjusting org-mobile-files.

I did an org-mobile-push but the mobile app falls over when I try to
sync it saying "error downloading checksums". I read on the org-mobile
web page that one should manally run md5 (which was a surprise) and did
this and still I get the same error ("md5 *.org > checksums.dat") : the
full text is "an error was encountered while downloading checksums.dat
from the server. The file isnt required but the error was unusual, The
error was 'unexpected eror'". So not much to go on there.

I even tried deleting the mobile app with ll its data and reinitialising
drop box but still no joy.

I would be intersted to hear from anyone using this suite that might
have come across similar issues.

* Re: org-mobile : checksum errors
@ 2012-03-17  8:58 ` aaron barclay
From: aaron barclay @ 2012-03-17  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Richard,

I am setting up mobile org for the first time and having the same problem.
Did you ever come up with a solution?

cheers,
aaron.

@ 2012-03-17  9:36   ` aaron barclay
From: aaron barclay @ 2012-03-17  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I found this that discusses the issue - although the solution did not work
for me. I am getting sync from emacs to dropbox, but not from dropbox to
ios.

Has any else had a similar issue, any ideas?

regards,
aaron.

https://github.com/richard/mobileorg/wiki/known-issues

On 17 March 2012 19:58, aaron barclay <aaron.diplopic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I am setting up mobile org for the first time and having the same problem.
> Did you ever come up with a solution?
>
> cheers,
> aaron.
>

> On 6 February 2012 02:56, Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I reduced my mobile org file set to a single file "general.org" by
>> adjusting org-mobile-files.
>>
>> I did an org-mobile-push but the mobile app falls over when I try to
>> sync it saying "error downloading checksums". I read on the org-mobile
>> web page that one should manally run md5 (which was a surprise) and did
>> this and still I get the same error ("md5 *.org > checksums.dat") : the
>> full text is "an error was encountered while downloading checksums.dat
>> from the server. The file isnt required but the error was unusual, The
>> error was 'unexpected eror'". So not much to go on there.
>>
>> I even tried deleting the mobile app with ll its data and reinitialising
>> drop box but still no joy.
>>
>> I would be intersted to hear from anyone using this suite that might
>> have come across similar issues.

* Re: org-mobile : checksum errors - iPhone?
@ 2012-03-17 11:59 ` Nick Bell
From: Nick Bell @ 2012-03-17 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 05/02/12 15:56, Richard Riley wrote:

> I reduced my mobile org file set to a single file "general.org" by
> adjusting org-mobile-files.
>
> I did an org-mobile-push but the mobile app falls over when I try to
> sync it saying "error downloading checksums". I read on the org-mobile
> web page that one should manally run md5 (which was a surprise) and did
> this and still I get the same error ("md5 *.org>  checksums.dat") : the
> full text is "an error was encountered while downloading checksums.dat
> from the server. The file isnt required but the error was unusual, The
> error was 'unexpected eror'". So not much to go on there.
>
> I even tried deleting the mobile app with ll its data and reinitialising
> drop box but still no joy.
>
> I would be intersted to hear from anyone using this suite that might
> have come across similar issues.

I use mobileorg for iPhone (about which I assume you're talking) and
haven't noticed that error.

The development on the Android version is almost enough to persuade me
to switch platforms! Anyone know whether any development is taking place
on the 'original' iPhone version?

Thanks

Nick

* Re: org-mobile : checksum errors - iPhone?
@ 2012-03-17 14:28 ` Nick Bell
From: Nick Bell @ 2012-03-17 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode