* is org-export-preserve-breaks incompatible with org verse blocks?
@ 2020-11-23 18:19 mousebot
From: mousebot @ 2020-11-23 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi org,

i use verse blocks to export to odt in a way that preserves whitespace. if i enable org-export-preserve-breaks, whitespace in verse blocks is not preserved: any spaces used to indent text from the left margin are reduced to a single space. is this intended behavior? i had hoped to be able to use both features in my document.

example:

#+begin_verse
here you are,
        doing your
    darned
              best
to export
#+end_verse

will export as

here you are
 doing your
 darned
 best
to export

i tested this by loading emacs -Q, evaluating (setq org-export-preserve-breaks t), then using the normal org export dispatch, with no template.

best

* Re: is org-export-preserve-breaks incompatible with org verse blocks?
@ 2020-12-02 16:08 ` mousebot
From: mousebot @ 2020-12-02 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi again,

i had a look at the content.xml file in each case.

with org-export-preserve-breaks disabled, whitespace is exported (correctly) like so:

<text:line-break/>
 <text:s text:c="5"/>text here indented 5 spaces.<text:line-break/>

with the option enabled, the the spaces are directly transferred to the file:

<text:line-break/>     text printed after 5 spaces, which are not properly preserved in the org file.<text:line-break/>

regards,