* Timezone issue with zip distribution
@ 2009-01-30  9:09 David Lord
From: David Lord @ 2009-01-30  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi list,

The last few zip file distributions I have downloaded (6.20 and 6.20g)
seem to have many of the file modification times one hour in the
future.  This seems to break the make (it says something about the
file being modified in the future and then gets rather confused;-).
The tgz distribution is fine.

I know its not a big deal - I can just wait an hour before running the
make, or I can use the tgz distribution (and fix the ^Ms in the info
file manually as I'm on windows) - but I thought I'd report it just in
case.

BTW, thanks Carsten and all on the list for all your effort: I have
been incredibly impressed by the overall quality of org-mode and the
speed of response to issues since I defected from planner last summer.

Regards
David Lord

* Re: Timezone issue with zip distribution
@ 2009-02-09 13:42 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-09 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Lord; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Hi David,

I have no idea what might causing this problem.
Around the time of your report, I started using rsync to upload files,
but  am running it with -a switch so that the modification
times should be correct.

If anyone has an idea here, let us know.

Thanks for the report,

- Carsten

@ 2009-02-09 14:00   ` Manish
       [not found]     ` <649030d80902090614l682e012bu8c1e6e934800563a@mail.gmail.com>
From: Manish @ 2009-02-09 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I have no idea what might causing this problem.
> Around the time of your report, I started using rsync to upload files,
> but am running it with -a switch so that the modification
> times should be correct.
>
> If anyone has an idea here, let us know.

This is very interesting.  If you are ahead of him and he downloads right
after you build and upload the package then is this not normal behaviour?

Out of curiousity, what time-zones are you and David in?

Regards,
--
Manish

* Fwd: Timezone issue with zip distribution
       [not found]     ` <649030d80902090614l682e012bu8c1e6e934800563a@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-02-09 14:16       ` David Lord
From: David Lord @ 2009-02-09 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2009/2/9 Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>:
> Out of curiousity, what time-zones are you and David in?

I'm in GMT.  I've just checked the 6.21b release and the time is 21:43
in the zip and 20:43 in tgz.  It only causes a problem when I try to
install a release less than an hour after it was created.  That'll
teach me to be keen;-)

David