* Problems with TODO and agenda command
@ 2013-01-26 15:23 Siegel, Aaron J.
From: Siegel, Aaron J. @ 2013-01-26 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello

I cannot get agenda command to include any of my TODO's.  I followed the tutorial
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html

My .emacs file copied directly from the tutorial on a Linux system
	(require 'org-install)
	(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
	(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
	(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
	(setq org-log-done t)

	(setq org-agenda-files (list "~/org/orgtutorial_dto.org"
				    "~/org/work-recover.org"))

This first task in this tutorial did not work for me. When I closed the task using C-c C-t I did not receive a time stamp. I have scheduled tasks and set deadlines for tasks but when I execute the command "C-c a a" I do not see any tasks in the agenda.

I am doing this on two computers one using a portable version of emacs for windows and the second is a Opensuse both are using emacs 24.2 and org-mode 7.8.11

Aaron

* Re: Problems with TODO and agenda command
@ 2013-01-31 10:41 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-31 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siegel, Aaron J.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Aaron,

"Siegel, Aaron J." <Aaron_Siegel@FMI.com> writes:

> This first task in this tutorial did not work for me. When I closed
> the task using C-c C-t I did not receive a time stamp. I have
> scheduled tasks and set deadlines for tasks but when I execute the
> command "C-c a a" I do not see any tasks in the agenda.

What do you get instead of the agenda?

Did you made any progress by checking other tutorials,
maybe some video screencast on the web?

Let us know,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Problems with TODO and agenda command
@ 2013-01-31 13:24   ` Siegel, Aaron J.
From: Siegel, Aaron J. @ 2013-01-31 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Bastien

It is working, I used the C-c [ command to add the file to the agenda list.  I do not know why the configuration in my .emacs did not work,  understanding the Agenda file list is on my TODO list.  The time stamp is a custom configuration that can be added to the header of a org file.

Thank you
Aaron