* org-todo-yesterday with 1-day repeater tasks: repeats tomorrow
@ 2020-12-14 11:43 Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2020-12-14 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Hello list,

I regularly use org-todo-yesterday or org-agenda-todo-yesterday. However, with a 1-day repeater task, or any ++ repeater, it sets the repetition using today as the starting point, not yesterday.

It seems like the repeater time and date-setter is not respecting "org-extend-today-until", which has this wonderful docstring:

"""IMPORTANT:  This is a feature whose implementation is and likely will
remain incomplete.  Really, it is only here because past midnight seems to
be the favorite working time of John Wiegley :-)"""

Are other experiencing this behavior? Is there some prefix arg I am missing that I should be using? I have not found other complaining about this behavior or reporting this issue, so I wonder if I'm missing something. If not, I'll work on submitting a patch.

Thanks,

  -k.

* Re: org-todo-yesterday with 1-day repeater tasks: repeats tomorrow
@ 2020-12-15  3:40 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-12-15  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Mankoff, Org-mode

Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello list,
> Are other experiencing this behavior? Is there some prefix arg I am missing that I should be using? I have not found other complaining about this behavior or reporting this issue, so I wonder if I'm missing something. If not, I'll work on submitting a patch.

I do not need this setting most of time, but I do not remember issues
with repeaters (maybe I just never noticed them though). However, there
is one more relevant variable you might want to look into:
org-use-effective-time

Best,
Ihor