From: Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: There can only be one item with priority 1?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:17:19 +0100	[thread overview]

Fredrik <fredrik@jumans.net> writes:

> That would be an idea and I have tried it but when adding a new item
> in the list I manually need to change the priority for all the rest
> which is too much work

How many categories do you need?
Using ABC with :low: :medium: :high: tags or so you got already 3x3
categories - isn't that already overkill?

You seem to want a kind of ordinal relationship between your tasks, not
really groups of tasks with similar importance.

You could use

* [#A] My A Tasks
** Subtask
** Subtask
** Subtask
* [#B] My B Tasks
** Subtask
** Subtask
** Subtask
* [#C] My C Tasks
** Subtask
** Subtask
** Subtask

and let the textual order of the subtasks determine their priority:
most important on top, least important at the bottom.

Then insert a new task where you think it fits ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten