From: "Victor A. Stoichita" <victor@svictor.net>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Moving some lisp/ob-*.el files to org-contrib - your advice?
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 22:52:23 +0200

Le 03 May 2021, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> a écrit :
> I suggest a criterium for keeping ob*.el files in Org could be that
> the extension is known by Emacs _or_ that the supported language is
> well-established.

I happen to be an active user of ob-lilypond. Lilypond is certainly
peripheral to the world of programming languages. It is well established
and active as an equivalent of LaTeX for music though ([1][2][3]).
It comes with built-in support for Emacs [4].

I see no reason to not move ob-lilypond to org-contrib. I understand
that only few of us use it these days. I can’t stand up as a maintainer
since my Lisp skills and my knowledge of org-mode are quite insufficient
for that. I was happy to see that someone submitted a patch for
ob-lilypond in January. I hope that by the time something breaks I’ll be
able to submit a patch myself.

Regards,
Victor

[1] http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/