From: Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com>
To: Gerardo Moro <gerardomoro37@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Agenda follow mode + indirect window settings
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:52:06 -0500

Gerardo Moro writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want my agenda to have follow-mode active when starting Emacs.
> I suppose this would do the trick?
>
> (setq org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode t)
> (setq org-agenda-follow-indirect t)
>
> 1) Do I need both? I have observed that having only the second one does not
> work.

The first one causes new agenda buffers to start with
org-agenda-follow-mode enabled.  Even if it's not enabled initially, you
can toggle it with F.

The second is in effect when org-agenda-follow-mode is enabled.

> 2) Is there a way to make the "indirect" window populate the vertically
> existing window (I always work with the frame split in two vertically).
> Right now it shows in a very small window beneath the agenda.

I think with the way things are written at the moment you're best bet
would be to try to rearrange afterwards (say with advice after
org-agenda-tree-to-indirect-buffer).  Ideally the current behavior would
be achieved in a way that would allow the user to control the result
with things like display-buffer-overriding-action and
display-buffer-alist, but I suspect that'd take a substantial rework.