  • * Re: bug#7506: Replacement for 'htmlize-region-for-past using htmlfontify?
           [not found]   ` <AANLkTikPFTB3EDrapy_cVf8S+6Mpt3qBMS+LADiUuEFa@mail.gmail.com>
           [not found]     ` <19699.616.530015.722088@fencepost.gnu.org>
    @ 2020-11-19  4:56     ` Stefan Kangas
    From: Stefan Kangas @ 2020-11-19  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
      To: Lennart Borgman; +Cc: 7506-done, Org-mode, Stefan Monnier, Vivek Dasmohapatra

    Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

    > On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM, Stefan Monnier
    > <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
    >>> Could we please add a replacement for  'htmlize-region-for-past using
    >>> htmlfontify?
    >>
    >> I don't know what is "htmlize-region-for-past(e?)".  Care to give us
    >> some context?
    >
    > I have never used it, but it is used by org-mode when it exports code
    > fragment in an org-mode file to html. That will show the syntax
    > coloring (make by font-lock) in the exported html code.
    >
    > Unfortunately it is a little bit of work to implement this in
    > htmlfontify if I remember correctly (I am addinng Vivek to the
    > recievers of this message). Htmlfontify always puts the css code in
    > the header, i.e. it produces a full html file.

    The above feature request for `org-html-htmlize-region-for-paste' has
    been sitting in the Emacs bug tracker for 10 years.  It seems like no
    one on our side has taken an interest in it.

    I am now closing this bug in our tracker with a copy to the Org-mode
    mailing list, in the hope that someone there will be able to determine
    what, if anything, should be done about this.

    I hope this doesn't waste any time for the Org-mode maintainers or
    anyone else; please feel free to just ignore this email if it is not of
    interest.

    Thanks.