From: Kyle Meyer <kyle@kyleam.com>
To: Massimo Lauria <massimo.lauria@uniroma1.it>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug: Having '%p" in frame-title-format makes org-mode to freeze [9.4 (release_9.4-134-g0d525c @ /home/massimo/bugreport/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 05:59:53 GMT

Massimo Lauria writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently came across this weird issue using org-mode. Essentially
> when I fold/unfold/fold some header in org-mode, pressing tab three
> times,
> I expect the section to fold again at the third keypress, and instead
> emacs freezes. By detective work I discovered that it has to do with
> having the '%p' option in
> frame-title-format. The bug disappeared when I took "%p" option away
> from frame-title-format.

Very nice detective work.  Thank you.

> * Steps to reproduce the bug
[...]

Yep, I can reproduce it on my end.

The culprit is a8e812e60 (org.el: Restore the scroll position after
cycling, 2020-09-05).  However, at the time of that commit, the change
didn't trigger the hang with the default Org settings.  However, once
that commit was merged to master (5beeb094a), it started to trigger it
with the standard Org settings because the default value of
org-startup-folded changed to showeverything (88f5ed91c).

Anyway, this is fixed (on my end, at least) by 4f8ac0a7a.