* keymap for read-date-minibuffer
@ 2013-01-25  2:50 Mark Edgington
From: Mark Edgington @ 2013-01-25  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I recently spent a while figuring out how to add custom-keybindings to
the read-date-minibuffer which appears when org-read-date is called.
The only way to do it currently is to use the
org-read-date-minibuffer-setup hook, and add keybindings to the
minibuffer-local-map there.  I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more
natural to just define an "org-read-date-minibuffer-map" that the end
user can modify, and to overlay this on top of the
minibuffer-local-map when org-read-date is called.  Thoughts?

Regards,

Mark

* Re: keymap for read-date-minibuffer
@ 2013-01-26 10:34 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-26 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Edgington; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mark,

Mark Edgington <edgimar@gmail.com> writes:

> I recently spent a while figuring out how to add custom-keybindings to
> the read-date-minibuffer which appears when org-read-date is called.
> The only way to do it currently is to use the
> org-read-date-minibuffer-setup hook, and add keybindings to the
> minibuffer-local-map there.  I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more
> natural to just define an "org-read-date-minibuffer-map" that the end
> user can modify, and to overlay this on top of the
> minibuffer-local-map when org-read-date is called.  Thoughts?

I think this is a good idea.

There is now `org-read-date-minibuffer-local-map'.  You can go and
configure it as normal keymap.

`org-read-date-minibuffer-setup-hook' is not used anymore, so users
relying on this and using HEAD of the master Git branch need to update
their configuration to use `org-read-date-minibuffer-local-map'
instead.

Thanks for suggesting this,

--
 Bastien