* [bug] org-insert-link fails on special characters in headlines
@ 2012-12-28  3:58 William Léchelle
From: William Léchelle @ 2012-12-28  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> > it looks like captured links won't take into account header text after < or
> > >, hence capturing links to headlines featuring these will fail, is there a
> > known issue about accepted characters in headlines that I'm not aware of ?

> There should be none, please test master if you can and report any
> problem.

Using org-store-link followed by org-insert-link RET RET fails on the following
headline :

****** TODO Special chars in titles > !
       [[*Special%20chars%20in%20titles%20][Special chars in titles > !]]

The link ignores what follows the greater-than sign (>) and thus the inserted
link is still-broken.

Prior to this, I had some working tests with <, it seems both < and > are
treated differently.

--

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 01:56:24 +0100, Bastien spake thus:
> > I suggest the priority is removed from the captured link.
> This is now the case in master, it will be part of 8.0.
Great :)