From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [bug] Export to latex truncates long subsections (WE attached)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 22:28:23 +1100

> On Thursday, 19 Nov 2020 at 11:41, Vladimir Nikishkin wrote:
>> Would the latex snippet in this thread be a good candidate for
>> inclusion into org as a canned trick?
>
> No, please do not have this as default behaviour.  It would break normal
> documents.  In the most innocuous case, it would allow documents to have
> headings as the last part of a page with the text on the next page, a
> typesetting faux pas (looking rather ugly).  LaTeX documents look
> inherently nicer than the typical word processed document because LaTeX
> actually adjusts spacing of not only within lines but also between lines
> and paragraphs to have the page look good.
>
> As Tim has suggested, adding this snippet to Worg would be useful and
> maybe an item in the FAQ.  As well, it might be useful to suggest
> checkbox lists for people that want to export a long TODO list (which
> might not be appropriate for all, of course).

I realised after posting that when this first came up some time back,
the other suggestion I made, which might still be valid, would be to add
another document 'class' to org-latex-classes which includes the snippet
by default. Then those who want or need this change could just add a
#+LATEX_CLASS line to their org file.

Tim

--
Tim Cross