Org-mode mailing list
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* yank in middle of text a headline
@ 2020-10-04  5:23 Samuel Wales
  2020-10-05  5:32 ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-10-04  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

===
* x
hi
|
there
* y
===

if i copy x and yank it where | is, it yanks immediately above y.  i
prefer that it yanks at |.  is this possible?

is this new behavior?


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: yank in middle of text a headline
  2020-10-04  5:23 yank in middle of text a headline Samuel Wales
@ 2020-10-05  5:32 ` Ihor Radchenko
  2020-10-08 20:27   ` Samuel Wales
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-10-05  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales, emacs-orgmode

> if i copy x and yank it where | is, it yanks immediately above y.  i
> prefer that it yanks at |.  is this possible?

I cannot reproduce it on my side. What is the org-mode version you are
using?

Best,
Ihor

Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

> ===
> * x
> hi
> |
> there
> * y
> ===
>
> if i copy x and yank it where | is, it yanks immediately above y.  i
> prefer that it yanks at |.  is this possible?
>
> is this new behavior?


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: yank in middle of text a headline
  2020-10-05  5:32 ` Ihor Radchenko
@ 2020-10-08 20:27   ` Samuel Wales
  2020-10-09  3:05     ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2020-10-08 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

thanks for trying it.  i am using 9.4.  perhaps one of my settings has
a different interpretation from 9.3?  if that's not hte issue then


On 10/4/20, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
>> if i copy x and yank it where | is, it yanks immediately above y.  i
>> prefer that it yanks at |.  is this possible?
>
> I cannot reproduce it on my side. What is the org-mode version you are
> using?
>
> Best,
> Ihor
>
> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ===
>> * x
>> hi
>> |
>> there
>> * y
>> ===
>>
>> if i copy x and yank it where | is, it yanks immediately above y.  i
>> prefer that it yanks at |.  is this possible?
>>
>> is this new behavior?
>


-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: yank in middle of text a headline
  2020-10-08 20:27   ` Samuel Wales
@ 2020-10-09  3:05     ` Ihor Radchenko
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2020-10-09  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> thanks for trying it.  i am using 9.4.  perhaps one of my settings has
> a different interpretation from 9.3?  if that's not hte issue then

Can you reproduce with emacs -Q?



Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

> thanks for trying it.  i am using 9.4.  perhaps one of my settings has
> a different interpretation from 9.3?  if that's not hte issue then
>
>
> On 10/4/20, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> if i copy x and yank it where | is, it yanks immediately above y.  i
>>> prefer that it yanks at |.  is this possible?
>>
>> I cannot reproduce it on my side. What is the org-mode version you are
>> using?
>>
>> Best,
>> Ihor
>>
>> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> ===
>>> * x
>>> hi
>>> |
>>> there
>>> * y
>>> ===
>>>
>>> if i copy x and yank it where | is, it yanks immediately above y.  i
>>> prefer that it yanks at |.  is this possible?
>>>
>>> is this new behavior?
>>
>
>
> -- 
> The Kafka Pandemic
>
> Please learn what misopathy is.
> https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2020-10-09  3:07 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-04  5:23 yank in middle of text a headline Samuel Wales
2020-10-05  5:32 ` Ihor Radchenko
2020-10-08 20:27   ` Samuel Wales
2020-10-09  3:05     ` Ihor Radchenko

Org-mode mailing list

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://orgmode.org/list/0 list/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 list list/ https://orgmode.org/list \
		emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
	public-inbox-index list

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroups are available over NNTP:
	nntp://news.yhetil.org/yhetil.emacs.orgmode
	nntp://news.gmane.io/gmane.emacs.orgmode


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git