* When will 9.4 be on orgmode/elpa ?
@ 2020-09-18  6:57 Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2020-09-18  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I use https://orgmode.org/elpa/ org-plus-contrib to stay uptodate with
org.

As it seems GNU elpa has org-9.4.

Normally I would be more patient, but I'm having very strange movements
of point(!) during folding/unfolding in an old, largish file where
folding always worked. The cursor ends up in a different part of my
file after unfolding some headline. Further I was unable to bisect the
file. When removing headlines to construct a minimal example, the exact
headline where this phenomen happens, changes. Well, I would like to
try 9.4 first before asking for further help.

Thx for all the work!

Detlef

* Re: When will 9.4 be on orgmode/elpa ?
@ 2020-09-18  7:33 ` Garjola Dindi
From: Garjola Dindi @ 2020-09-18  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Detlef Steuer

On Fri 18-Sep-2020 at 08:57:15 +02, Detlef Steuer <steuer@hsu-hh.de>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use https://orgmode.org/elpa/ org-plus-contrib to stay uptodate with
> org.
>
> As it seems GNU elpa has org-9.4.
>
> Normally I would be more patient, but I'm having very strange movements
> of point(!) during folding/unfolding in an old, largish file where
> folding always worked. The cursor ends up in a different part of my
> file after unfolding some headline. Further I was unable to bisect the
> file. When removing headlines to construct a minimal example, the exact
> headline where this phenomen happens, changes. Well, I would like to
> try 9.4 first before asking for further help.

Hi,

I am having exactly the same behaviour and I have also been unable to
generate a minimum working example. I have observed that the
misbehaviour happens when cycling with <TAB>, but <shift-TAB> works OK.

Garjola.

* [solved] Re: When will 9.4 be on orgmode/elpa ?
@ 2020-09-21  8:12 ` Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2020-09-21  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just to close the thread: The update to 9.4 resolved at least my issue.

Thx!

Detlef