* Wish: iCalendar export with free/busy only
@ 2013-01-17 20:02 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-01-17 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I'd love to have my agenda exported (for now I am using the snippet
below[1]) to an ics file which only contains (anonymized) events
optionally still containing (a set of allowed) tags.

So an event like:

    ** Meeting with ClientX <2013-01-17 Thu 17:00-18:30> :ProjectY:@town:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :CREATED:  [2013-01-08 Tue 14:39]
    :END:

    Some notes about the event I want to keep private.

... should be exported like:

    ** (busy) @town <2013-01-17 Thu 17:00-18:30>

... if "@town" is in the list of «allowed» tags. If no tag is
«allowed», the event should be exported like:

    ** (busy) <2013-01-17 Thu 17:00-18:30>

... probably with a configurable string for «(busy)».

Currently, I can not give away the URL of my ics file because there
is too much private stuff in it. But a free/busy-only list without
all of my details, I am happy to spread out to my friends in order
to let them see, when I am available.

I do think that this has great advantages with a small or medium
effort to implement.

[1] (defun vk-export-agenda()
      "Exports bi-monthly Org-mode agenda to agenda.ics file"
      (interactive)
      (org-agenda-list nil nil 60)
      (org-agenda-write "~/org-mode/agenda.ics")

--
Karl Voit

Hallo, mein Name ist Web 2.0: Gib mir dein Adressbuch und lass mich Emails lesen

* Re: Wish: iCalendar export with free/busy only
@ 2013-01-26 11:02 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-26 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> I'd love to have my agenda exported (for now I am using the snippet
> below[1]) to an ics file which only contains (anonymized) events
> optionally still containing (a set of allowed) tags.

The new iCalendar exporter allows filters -- so you should be able to
filter out the entries that you don't want.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Wish: iCalendar export with free/busy only
@ 2013-01-26 14:22   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-01-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Hi Karl,

Hi!

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> I'd love to have my agenda exported (for now I am using the snippet
>> below[1]) to an ics file which only contains (anonymized) events
>> optionally still containing (a set of allowed) tags.
>
> The new iCalendar exporter allows filters -- so you should be able to
> filter out the entries that you don't want.

Cool feature! However, I don't want to filter out whole events, my
goal ist to replace detailed information with less detailed
information about my events.

In the meantime, I created [2] which filters a given ICS file
according to my (detailed) requirements. I very much like it so far.

  2. https://github.com/novoid/convert_iCal_to_free-busy-only
--
Karl Voit