* Custom Agenda with Tag search for multiple items ( \\ Between search terms) fails push
@ 2013-01-12 13:18 Jeff Myer
From: Jeff Myer @ 2013-01-12 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a custom agenda item in my .emacs file that is for a Tags search for
multiple items as follows (not the whole thing just the bit that is giving
me trouble):

"E" "Items Tagged for the Engineering Staff" tags
"{Allen\\|Dave\\|JimD\\|Heming\\|Paul\\|EdM}-TODO=\"DONE\""

When doing an org-mobile- push, I end up getting the following message:

org-mobile-write-agenda-for-mobile: Invalid use of `\' in replacement text

The problem appears to be the double back slashes confirmed by  replacing
\\ with \ and not having the error on push. The problem is that the agenda
item does not work correctly without the double backslashes.

I am not an expert with Emacs/Org-mode customization so if I have
overlooked something obvious, please feel free to point me in the right
direction to learn more about how to correct on my own.

Was running GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
Updated to 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10) of
2013-01-11

Was Using  Org-mode version 6.33x updated to Org-mode version 7.9.3a with
no change.

* Re: Custom Agenda with Tag search for multiple items ( \\ Between search terms) fails push
@ 2013-01-12 14:44 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-12 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Myer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Myer <jmyer@myermountain.com> writes:

> I have a custom agenda item in my .emacs file that is for a Tags
> search for multiple items as follows (not the whole thing just the
> bit that is giving me trouble):
>
> "E" "Items Tagged for the Engineering Staff" tags "{Allen\\|Dave\\|
> JimD\\|Heming\\|Paul\\|EdM}-TODO=\"DONE\""
>
> When doing an org-mobile- push, I end up getting the following
> message:
>
> org-mobile-write-agenda-for-mobile: Invalid use of `\' in replacement
> text

Thanks for reporting this, should be fixed now.

Best,

--
 Bastien