* worg page problem?
@ 2011-06-28  2:27 Rustom Mody
From: Rustom Mody @ 2011-06-28  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Some special symbols in
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html#sec-9
eg 'and' 'or' are not translated properly.

Dunno if its my firefox problem or a bug...

* Re: worg page problem?
@ 2011-06-28  3:09 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-28  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rustom Mody; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some special symbols in
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.html#sec-9
> eg 'and' 'or' are not translated properly.
>
> Dunno if its my firefox problem or a bug...

Neither I think: the top of the section you refer to says

,----
| "Note though, that not all symbols are translated to HTML. They are
| listed anyway, since they may be used for LaTeX export nonetheless."
`----

But it's not clear to me why \and and \or appear in the list: as far
as LaTeX is concerned, they are not symbols (afaik): they are boolean
operators in the ifthen package. Similarly for \divide which is an
arithmetic operator in the calc package.

OTOH, there are several symbols which seem to be misspelled:

\Agrav	\Agrav    -> should be \Agrave
\Aacut	\Aacut    -> should be \Aacute
Â	\Acirc
\Atild	\Atild    -> should be \Atilde

Nick

* Re: worg page problem?
@ 2011-06-28 12:59   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-06-28 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Rustom Mody, emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> But it's not clear to me why \and and \or appear in the list: as far
> as LaTeX is concerned, they are not symbols (afaik): they are boolean
> operators in the ifthen package. Similarly for \divide which is an
> arithmetic operator in the calc package.

I removed \and \or and \divide.

> OTOH, there are several symbols which seem to be misspelled:
>
> \Agrav	\Agrav    -> should be \Agrave
> \Aacut	\Aacut    -> should be \Aacute
> \Atild	\Atild    -> should be \Atilde

I fixed those.

> Â	\Acirc

This I don't understand -- what is the error?

--
 Bastien

* Re: worg page problem?
@ 2011-06-28 14:25     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-28 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Rustom Mody, nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> > Â	\Acirc
>
> This I don't understand -- what is the error?

No error - it just got caught up in the cut and paste and
I didn't delete it. Sorry.

Nick

* Re: worg page problem?
@ 2011-06-28 14:33       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-06-28 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: Rustom Mody, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> writes:

> No error - it just got caught up in the cut and paste and
> I didn't delete it. Sorry.

All right, no problem!

--
 Bastien