* Cdlatex questions
@ 2011-10-17 19:55 Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2011-10-17 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I would like to add to cdlatex.  However, it does not seem to work.
This is probably the best place to ask.

First, I want to add \mathbb{·} to cdlatex-math-modify-alist.

Second, I want to change \mathbf{·} to \boldsymbol{·}, which is nicer
and works with greek letters.

I have tried to add the following code:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-to-list 'cdlatex-math-modify-alist
 '(98 "\\boldsymbol" "\\textbf" t nil nil))

(add-to-list 'cdlatex-math-modify-alist
 '(115 "\\mathbb" nil t nil nil))
#+end_src

However, it does not work; should I do something else to add symbols to
cdlatex?

Third, I would like to change the cdlatex-math symbol to something less
annoying.  I have tried

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-defkey org-cdlatex-mode-map "¨" 'cdlatex-math-symbol)
#+end_src

However, this does not catch all cases, and for example "¨ ¨" will not
go to the second page.  Is there an easy way to change '`'.

–Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Cdlatex questions
@ 2011-10-19  7:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2011-10-19  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 17.10.2011, at 21:55, Rasmus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to add to cdlatex.  However, it does not seem to work.
> This is probably the best place to ask.
>
> First, I want to add \mathbb{·} to cdlatex-math-modify-alist.
>
> Second, I want to change \mathbf{·} to \boldsymbol{·}, which is nicer
> and works with greek letters.
>
> I have tried to add the following code:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (add-to-list 'cdlatex-math-modify-alist
> '(98 "\\boldsymbol" "\\textbf" t nil nil))
>
> (add-to-list 'cdlatex-math-modify-alist
> '(115 "\\mathbb" nil t nil nil))
> #+end_src

Hi Rasmus,

you need to set these variables before cdlatex.el has been loaded, or you need
run (cdlatex-reset-mode) after you have changed them.  THis is not documented well,
unfortunately.

> However, it does not work; should I do something else to add symbols to
> cdlatex?
>
> Third, I would like to change the cdlatex-math symbol to something less
> annoying.  I have tried
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (org-defkey org-cdlatex-mode-map "¨" 'cdlatex-math-symbol)
> #+end_src
>
> However, this does not catch all cases, and for example "¨ ¨" will not
> go to the second page.  Is there an easy way to change '`'.

You also need to change `cdlatex-math-symbol-prefix'.

HTH

- Carsten

> –Rasmus
>
> --
> Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Cdlatex questions
@ 2011-10-19 20:14   ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2011-10-19 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hi Rasmus,
>
> you need to set these variables before cdlatex.el has been loaded, or you need
> run (cdlatex-reset-mode) after you have changed them.  THis is not documented well,
> unfortunately.

Thanks Carsten.

For the reference I use the following snip now which and it works as I
want it to work.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp

(add-to-list 'cdlatex-math-modify-alist
	     '(98 "\\boldsymbol" "\\textbf" t nil nil))

(add-to-list 'cdlatex-math-modify-alist
	     '(115 "\\mathbb" nil t nil nil))

(org-defkey org-cdlatex-mode-map "¨" 'cdlatex-math-symbol)
(setq cdlatex-math-symbol-prefix 168)

;;(cdlatex-reset-mode)
(require 'cdlatex)

#+end_src