From: Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li>
To: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 19:47:07 +0200

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> The files previously stored in the contrib/ directory of Org's repo
> now lives here: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib

Congrats.

Better late than never.  ;D

> The plan is to build a NonGNU ELPA package called "org-contrib",
> we will see if that's feasible.

All the *ELPAs extract metadata from the "main library", which by
default is the library whose name matches the name of the package.

If the name doesn't match, then it can be overridden, but some
main library is required, even if it does nothing but provide
the metadata and (provide 'org-contrib).

I've already added "org-contrib" to the Emacsmirror, but because
nothing like "org-contrib.el" exists, I had to randomly pick a
library and as a result the package description for all of
"org-contrib" currently is "Org-mode Babel support for Arduino".

Please add "org-contrib.el" containing some juicy metadata.

    Cheers,
    Jonas