From: "Victor A. Stoichita" <victor@svictor.net>
To: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: strange behavior of @ in tag searches
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 23:52:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I’m a bit puzzled by the behavior of the agenda search when tags
have hierarchical structure and start with @. I attach two
minimal examples.

In testfiles.org I have:
#+TAGS: [ @anthro : bib ]

* my anthro
  task                                               :@anthro:
* my bib
  task                                                      :bib:

I restrict the search to the buffer and search for the tag
"@anthro".
I would expect to get the two headings "my anthro task" and "my
bib task".
Instead, I only get "my bib task".

Now in testfiles2.org I have:
#+TAGS: [ anthro2 : bib2 ]

* my anthro2
  task                                              :@anthro2:
* my bib2
  task                                                     :bib2:

Notice that here the parent tag set in the header does not start
with @ while the tag on "my anthro2 task" starts with @.
When I search for "anthro2" (no @), I would expect to get only "my
bib2 task". But here I get both headings.

Am I missing something? Does @ have a special meaning in tags?

This is with org mode version 9.4.3.

Regards,
Victor