* Bug: org-mode tables and orgtbl-mode [7.9.2 (7.9.2-166-g40cb44-elpaplus @ /home/vdyadov/Work/Tools/emacs/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/)]
@ 2013-01-11 10:19 Дядов Васил Стоянов
From: Дядов Васил Стоянов @ 2013-01-11 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

The bug is easily reproducible with folowing algorithm:

1. I have an org file with verilog code embedded in
   #+begin_src verilog
   #+end_src
2. Then I hit C-' to edit this verilog code in separate buffer
3. During editing code I shwitch on orgtbl-mode to edit some tables in
   verilog comments, then I switch off orgtbl-mode
4. Then I hit C-' again to return to the org file
5. And I discover that I cannot edited tables in org file anymore
5a. orgtbl-mode could not be run in org file
6. I hit C-' again on verilog code
7. Switch on orgtbl-mode in buffer with verilog code
8. Hit C-' again to return to org file (without switching off orgtbl-mode)
9. Now editing of tables in org file works as it should to

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
 of 2012-12-25 on canopus-pc.elvees.com
Package: Org-mode version 7.9.2 (7.9.2-166-g40cb44-elpaplus @ /home/vdyadov/Work/Tools/emacs/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/)

* Re: Bug: org-mode tables and orgtbl-mode [7.9.2 (7.9.2-166-g40cb44-elpaplus @ /home/vdyadov/Work/Tools/emacs/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/)]
  2013-01-11 10:19 Bug: org-mode tables and orgtbl-mode [7.9.2 (7.9.2-166-g40cb44-elpaplus @ /home/vdyadov/Work/Tools/emacs/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/org/)] Дядов Васил Стоянов
@ 2013-01-11 16:35 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-11 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Дядов Васил Стоянов
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

vdyadov@elvees.com (Дядов Васил Стоянов) writes:

> The bug is easily reproducible with folowing algorithm:
>
> 1. I have an org file with verilog code embedded in
>    #+begin_src verilog
>    #+end_src
> 2. Then I hit C-' to edit this verilog code in separate buffer
> 3. During editing code I shwitch on orgtbl-mode to edit some tables in
>    verilog comments, then I switch off orgtbl-mode
> 4. Then I hit C-' again to return to the org file
> 5. And I discover that I cannot edited tables in org file anymore
> 5a. orgtbl-mode could not be run in org file
> 6. I hit C-' again on verilog code
> 7. Switch on orgtbl-mode in buffer with verilog code
> 8. Hit C-' again to return to org file (without switching off orgtbl-mode)
> 9. Now editing of tables in org file works as it should to

Thanks for the detailed recipe -- I cannot reproduce the bug here
with Org 7.9.3a, I tried with emacs-lisp instead of verilog...

Maybe you can share a minimal file?  If not, I hope someone else
can try to reproduce.

Best,

--
 Bastien