* Org-FAQ request for full-text dump
@ 2010-05-13  0:53 Benjamin Andresen
From: Benjamin Andresen @ 2010-05-13  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello guys,

quite often people ask question in the IRC-channel (#org-mode on
freenode) which are answered in the FAQ. Now I personally find the
org-faq very cumbersome to use, due to its javascript-interface that
grabs keys.

(Just a short thing: I'm faster with my native browser search
functionality than with the interface that is used on org-faq.php

In my browser it's: /color n n n N n

vs.

s color s RET s RET s RET and I don't even know how to jump back to a
previous search results (also sometimes the first search doesn't even
work, I have to do it twice, haven't investigated this further.))

Because of this I currently use the org-faq.org file locally and
then grab the CUSTOM_ID and attach it to the org-faq.php link as an
anchor.

So my question is basically: Could we get a plain dump of the file?

(I don't know who controls the export and I guess just copying the file
and stripping out all the infoJS stuff is not the right way to do it.)

br,
benny

Please don't take offense, I'm sure many other people like the infoJS
interface, I just find it inefficient and mainly different from the way
I search the web.

* Re: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump
@ 2010-05-13  4:13 ` Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-05-13  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Andresen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Benjamin Andresen <benny@in-ulm.de> writes:

> Hello guys,
>
> quite often people ask question in the IRC-channel (#org-mode on
> freenode) which are answered in the FAQ. Now I personally find the
> org-faq very cumbersome to use, due to its javascript-interface that
> grabs keys.

+1

The info.js HTML export is an excellent invention, but I don't think
it's right for the FAQ, at least not with the current setup. Personally
I sometimes skim FAQs to get a sense of a project, and I think visitors
should be able to scroll down / search in a familiar fashion to get more
information. I think obliging random web visitors to use Info style
navigation by default is a bad idea. To be honest I've never read
anything in the FAQ because I can't easily skim it, and if I have a
specific question I look in the manual.

In addition to a flat format, a possible better way to use info.js for
the FAQ would be in a "startup contents" mode, whereby all headings and
questions are visible, but question answers are not.

Dan

@ 2010-05-13 11:13 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2010-05-13 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Andresen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Benjamin Andresen <benny@in-ulm.de> writes:
> Hello guys,
>
> quite often people ask question in the IRC-channel (#org-mode on
> freenode) which are answered in the FAQ. Now I personally find the
> org-faq very cumbersome to use, due to its javascript-interface that
> grabs keys.
>
> (Just a short thing: I'm faster with my native browser search
> functionality than with the interface that is used on org-faq.php
>
> In my browser it's: /color n n n N n

With org-info.js, it's

   o color RET S S S S S

(BIG S) or

  s color RET S S S S S

To jump backwards, use R (big R) instead of S.

> vs.
>
> s color s RET s RET s RET and I don't even know how to jump back to a
> previous search results (also sometimes the first search doesn't even
> work, I have to do it twice, haven't investigated this further.))
>
> Because of this I currently use the org-faq.org file locally and
> then grab the CUSTOM_ID and attach it to the org-faq.php link as an
> anchor.
>
> So my question is basically: Could we get a plain dump of the file?
>
> (I don't know who controls the export and I guess just copying the file
> and stripping out all the infoJS stuff is not the right way to do it.)
>
> br,
> benny
>
> Please don't take offense, I'm sure many other people like the infoJS
> interface, I just find it inefficient and mainly different from the way
> I search the web.

I won't :-)

Best wishes

  Sebastian

* Include FAQ to info? (was: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump)
@ 2010-05-13 16:46   ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2010-05-13 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the FAQ available for offline-browsing as
well?

So does Gnus, Emacs itself ...

If it is too much work to convert it to info proper, maybe an orgfile
like org-help.org[1] could be added to the distribution.

Memnon

Footnotes:
[1]  http://osdir.com/ml/attachments/orgF54hhOaC48.org

* Re: Include FAQ to info? (was: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump)
@ 2010-05-15  6:46     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-15  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Memnon Anon; +Cc: Dan Davison, emacs-orgmode

On May 13, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Memnon Anon wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice to have the FAQ available for offline-browsing as
> well?

The FAQ is an Org file, available in Worg...

> So does Gnus, Emacs itself ...
>
> If it is too much work to convert it to info proper, maybe an orgfile
> like org-help.org[1] could be added to the distribution.

I do like org-help.org.  But someone would have to:

- go through it to check if it up to date
- commit to do this again to update every few releases

Cheers

- Carsten

> Memnon
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  http://osdir.com/ml/attachments/orgF54hhOaC48.org

- Carsten

* Re: Re: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump
@ 2010-05-15  6:54   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-15  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan Davison; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 13, 2010, at 6:13 AM, Dan Davison wrote:

> Benjamin Andresen <benny@in-ulm.de> writes:
>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> quite often people ask question in the IRC-channel (#org-mode on
>> freenode) which are answered in the FAQ. Now I personally find the
>> org-faq very cumbersome to use, due to its javascript-interface that
>> grabs keys.
>
> +1
>
> The info.js HTML export is an excellent invention, but I don't think
> it's right for the FAQ, at least not with the current setup.
> Personally
> I sometimes skim FAQs to get a sense of a project, and I think
> visitors
> should be able to scroll down / search in a familiar fashion to get
> more
> information. I think obliging random web visitors to use Info style
> navigation by default is a bad idea. To be honest I've never read
> anything in the FAQ because I can't easily skim it, and if I have a
> specific question I look in the manual.
>
> In addition to a flat format, a possible better way to use info.js for
> the FAQ would be in a "startup contents" mode, whereby all headings
> and
> questions are visible, but question answers are not.

You can make your bookmark look like this:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php?VIEW=content

- Carsten

> Dan
>

>> (Just a short thing: I'm faster with my native browser search
>> functionality than with the interface that is used on org-faq.php
>>
>> In my browser it's: /color n n n N n
>>
>> vs.
>>
>> s color s RET s RET s RET and I don't even know how to jump back to a
>> previous search results (also sometimes the first search doesn't even
>> work, I have to do it twice, haven't investigated this further.))
>>
>> Because of this I currently use the org-faq.org file locally and
>> then grab the CUSTOM_ID and attach it to the org-faq.php link as an
>> anchor.
>>
>> So my question is basically: Could we get a plain dump of the file?
>>
>> (I don't know who controls the export and I guess just copying the
>> file
>> and stripping out all the infoJS stuff is not the right way to do
>> it.)
>>
>> br,
>> benny
>>
>> Please don't take offense, I'm sure many other people like the infoJS
>> interface, I just find it inefficient and mainly different from the
>> way
>> I search the web.

- Carsten

* Re: Include FAQ to info? (was: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump)
@ 2010-05-15 19:01       ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2010-05-15 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Dan Davison, Memnon Anon, emacs-orgmode

> On May 13, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Memnon Anon wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be nice to have the FAQ available for offline-browsing
> as
>> well?
>
> The FAQ is an Org file, available in Worg...
>

>> So does Gnus, Emacs itself ...
>>
>> If it is too much work to convert it to info proper, maybe an
> orgfile
>> like org-help.org[1] could be added to the distribution.
>
> I do like org-help.org.  But someone would have to:
>
> - go through it to check if it up to date
> - commit to do this again to update every few releases

I'd be happy to do this. Just to be clear, is the envisioned
org-help.org simply the org FAQ with a different title or a
redacted/abridged of the FAQ?

Best,
Matt

* Re: Include FAQ to info? (was: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump)
@ 2010-05-16  6:45         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-05-16  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin, Alan E. Davis; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Matt,

no, org-help.org is not about the FAQ, it is a separate document, like
a quick reference, made by Alan Davis.  It is more than the refcard,
less than the manual.

It seems to live here:

  http://osdir.com/ml/attachments/orgF54hhOaC48.org

Get in touch with Alan at lngndvs@gmail.com  Maybe with some feedback
between the two of you, we will have a way to ship this with Org-mode
and to link it in.

- Carsten

On May 15, 2010, at 9:01 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On May 13, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Memnon Anon wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Wouldn't it be nice to have the FAQ available for offline-browsing
>> as
>>> well?
>>
>> The FAQ is an Org file, available in Worg...
>>

>>> So does Gnus, Emacs itself ...
>>>
>>> If it is too much work to convert it to info proper, maybe an
>> orgfile
>>> like org-help.org[1] could be added to the distribution.
>>
>> I do like org-help.org.  But someone would have to:
>>
>> - go through it to check if it up to date
>> - commit to do this again to update every few releases
>
> I'd be happy to do this. Just to be clear, is the envisioned
> org-help.org simply the org FAQ with a different title or a
> redacted/abridged of the FAQ?
>
> Best,
> Matt

- Carsten

* Re: Include FAQ to info? (was: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump)
@ 2010-05-16 12:43           ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2010-05-16 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Org Mode

> Hi Matt,
>
> no, org-help.org is not about the FAQ, it is a separate document, like
> a quick reference, made by Alan Davis.  It is more than the refcard,
> less than the manual.
>
> It seems to live here:
>
>  http://osdir.com/ml/attachments/orgF54hhOaC48.org
>
> Get in touch with Alan at lngndvs@gmail.com  Maybe with some feedback
> between the two of you, we will have a way to ship this with Org-mode
> and to link it in.

Great! I will contact Alan Davis about including org-help.org in the
distribution.

- Matt

* Re: Include FAQ to info? (was: Org-FAQ request for full-text dump)
@ 2010-05-21 21:01             ` Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2010-05-21 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: Org Mode, Carsten Dominik

Matthew:

There's an interest in org-help.org?  Would there be any question about its
inclusion in org? No.  It's currently in a state of disarray, however.  Here
are some of my thoughts about its current state.  As I mention below, I may
be able to clean it up this Summer.

  I am afraid I got bogged down, for a number of reasons.   I am stubborn,
and don't want to admit defeat, but it would be even better if someone who
really understands org-mode was able to carry it forward.   And I have some
ideas about improving it, but haven't had time or focus to get it done.
I'll attach a current copy, but there are quite a few sections added, esp.
at the end, that were gratuitously personal notes as I was learning certain
features.  If this were on some kind of git repo, I'd be interested in
working off of it, and I'd learn to submit a patch, perhaps.

One thing I thought about is the keystroke compatibility issue, that it
would be really nice if it worked like info.  As it is, it is an editable
file, and I end up having to kill it to avoid overwriting it with some junk,
when I use it.   The folding status is not persistent, another nice thing to
have (from info).

The file opens up as a folded top-level outline.  The various headlines I
have set up to be links to the manual pages about the same topic.  At I
tried to have one or two main keybinding clues present in the folded view at
least headline.  So a clue to the keybindings, and a link to the manual.
Even lower level headlines may have manual links.  That particular feature I
like *a lot*!

I have gotten a bit lost with many of the new features, like babel, and
haven't kept up on some of those.  I was clueless about agenda, but have
begun to use it quite a bit, so at some point I worked on that section, but
it's a miasma, a tangled mass, at this point, and I should have to clean
that up.  This is an example of a section I started to work on when I was
learning a certain feature or set of features.

So I guess that main caveat at this point is that it's become a personal
help file, and more and more personal as time goes on.  Summer comes I would
at some point clean it up.

I assigned it to a key.  For my key-binding setup, it worked ok to assign it
to "C-c 7".   Maybe better to set it on a viewing mode, but I have been
prone to hack as a go.

Be all that as it may be, here is the "current" state of the file on my
system.

Alan.

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Matthew Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > no, org-help.org is not about the FAQ, it is a separate document, like
> > a quick reference, made by Alan Davis.  It is more than the refcard,
> > less than the manual.
> >
> > It seems to live here:
> >
> >  http://osdir.com/ml/attachments/orgF54hhOaC48.org
> >
> > Get in touch with Alan at lngndvs@gmail.com  Maybe with some feedback
> > between the two of you, we will have a way to ship this with Org-mode
> > and to link it in.
>
> Great! I will contact Alan Davis about including org-help.org in the
> distribution.
>
> - Matt

[-- Attachment #2: org-help.org --]

# org-help.org   -*- mode: org fill-column:78-*-
# Time-stamp: <2010-04-12 14:31:34 ulod gastropod>

 Most headlines are links to the org info manual.

* [[info:org:Visibility%20cycling][Visibility Cycling]]               TAB    C-i

       rotate current subtree between states         TAB
       rotate entire buffer between states           S-TAB, C-u TAB
       show up to Level N                            C-u N TAB
       restore property-dependent startup visibility C-u C-u TAB
       show the whole file, including drawers        C-u C-u C-u TAB
       reveal context around point                   C-c C-r
       show the current subtree, indirect buffer     C-c C-x b

* [[info:org:Motion][Motion]]                           C-c C-n/p / C-c C-f/b / C-c C-u / C-c C-j

       next/previous heading                         C-c C-n/p
       next/previous heading, same level             C-c C-f/b
       backward to higher level heading              C-c C-u
       *org-goto*: jump elsewhere, indirect buffer   C-c C-j
       previous/next plain list item                 S-UP/DOWN

* [[info:org:Document%20Structure][Structure Editing]]                M-RET  /   M-L/R  /  M-S-L/R

       insert new heading/item at current level      M-RET
       insert new heading after subtree              C-RET
       insert new TODO entry/checkbox item           M-S-RET
       insert TODO entry/ckbx after subtree          C-S-RET

       promote/demote heading                        M-LEFT/RIGHT
       promote/demote current subtree                M-S-LEFT/RIGHT
           *work on all headlines in a region*

       move subtree/list item up/down                M-S-UP/DOWN
       refile subtree                                C-c C-w
       kill subtree                                  C-c C-x C-w
       copy subtree                                  C-c C-x M-w
       yank subtree                                  C-c C-x C-y or C-y
       narrow buffer to current subtree              C-x n s
       widen restriction to full buffer              C-x n w
** Converting to headlines/removing stars   C-c *
        turn line or list item into headline          C-c *
           if active region, turn all lines in region
               into headlines
           if first line a headline, remove stars
           turn active headline into normal line
* Sorting                          C-c ^
** [[info:org:Structure%20editing][Sort same level]]               C-c ^
       children of current headline
       if active region, all entries in region
       prompts for sorting method
       C-u C-c ^   sorting is case sensitive
       C-u C-u C-c ^   duplicates are removed
** [[info:org:Sorting%20of%20agenda%20items][Sort Agenda Items]]
** Sort table lines in region    C-c ^
* Checkboxes                       M-S-RET :NOTE:
  [2009-02-01 Sun] New email on org list about this
       insert new checkbox item in plain list        M-S-RET
       toggle checkbox(es) in region/entry/at point  C-c C-x C-b
       convert list to checkbox list                 C-c C-x C-b
g       toggle checkbox at point                      C-c C-c
       checkbox statistics cookies: insert           [/]  or [%]
       update checkbox statistics (C-u : whole file) C-c #
* [[info:org:Archiving][Archiving]]                        C-c C-x a

       toggle ARCHIVE tag                            C-c C-x a
       force cycling of an ARCHIVEd tree             C-TAB
       move to Attic Sibling                         C-c C-x A
       move subtree to archive file                  C-c C-x C-s

* Filtering and [[info:org:Sparse%20trees][Sparse Trees]]       C-c /

       construct a sparse tree by various criteria   C-c /
       view TODO's in sparse tree                    C-c C-v
       global TODO list in agenda mode               C-c a t^1
       time sorted view of current org file          C-c a L

* [[info:org:Tables][Tables]]
**  Row and column editing            M-L/R/U/D

      move the current column left/right            M-LEFT/RIGHT
      kill the current column                       M-S-LEFT
      insert new column to left of cursor position  M-S-RIGHT

      move the current row up/down                   M-UP/DOWN
      kill the current row or horizontal line        M-S-UP
      insert new row above the current row           M-S-DOWN
      insert hline below (C-u : above) current row   C-c -
      sort lines in region                           C-c ^

      to limit column width to N characters, use     ...| <N> |...
      edit the current field in a separate window    C-c `
      make current field fully visible               C-u TAB

**  Radio Tables and LaTeX Export
**   Creating a table

         just start typing, e.g. |Name|Phone|Age RET |- TAB

          convert region to table                       C-c |
          ... separator at least 3 spaces               C-3 C-c |

 * Commands available inside tables

 **  Re-aligning and field motion      C-c C-c  /  TAB

         re-align the table without moving the cursor  C-c C-c
         re-align the table, move to next field         TAB
         move to previous field                         S-TAB
         re-align the table, move to next row           RET

 **  Regions               C-c C-x C-w/M-w/C-y

     cut rectangular region                           C-c C-x C-w
     copy rectangular region                          C-c C-x M-w
     paste rectangular region                 C-c C-x C-y
     fill paragraph across selected cells             C-c C-q

 **  Miscellaneous

       export as tab-separated file                   M-x org-table-export
       import tab-separated file                      M-x org-table-import
       sum numbers in current column/rectangle       C-c +

 **  Tables created with the   table.el  package

       insert a new table.el table                    C-c
       recognize existing table.el table              C-c C-c
       convert table (Org-mode table.el)              C-c

 **  Spreadsheet

    Formulas typed in field are executed by   TAB, RET, and C-c C-c .
        =  introduces a column formula
        := introduced  a field formula

 *** Example

       Example: Add Col1 and Col2                    |=$1+$2      |
       ... with printf format specification          |=$1+$2;%.2f|
       ... with constants from constants.el          |=$1/$c/$cm |
       sum from 2nd to 3rd hline                     |:=vsum(@II..@III)|
       apply current column formula                  | = |

       set and eval column formula                   C-c =
       set and eval field formula                    C-u C-c =
       re-apply all stored equations to current line C-c *
       re-apply all stored equations to entire table C-u C-c *
       iterate table to stability                    C-u C-u C-c *
       rotate calculation mark through # * !         _ $  C-#
       show line, column, formula reference          C-c ?
       toggle coordinate grid                        C-c }
       toggle formula debugger                       C-c {

 **   Formula Editor

   edit formulas in separate buffer  C-c '
   exit and install new formulas  C-c C-c
   exit, install, and apply new formulas  C-u C-c C-c
   abort  C-c C-q
   toggle reference style  C-c C-r
   pretty-print Lisp formula  TAB
   complete Lisp symbol  M-TAB
   shift reference point  S-cursor
   shift test line for column references  M-up/down
   scroll the window showing the table  M-S-up/down
   toggle table coordinate grid  C-c }

* [[info:org:Hyperlinks][Links]]                            C-c l    /    C-c C-l

        globally store link to the current location   C-c l
        insert a link (TAB completes stored links)    C-c C-l
        insert file link with file name completion    C-u C-c C-l
        edit (also hidden part of) link at point      C-c C-l

        open file links in emacs                      C-c C-o
        ...force open in emacs/other window           C-u C-c C-o
        open link at point                            mouse-1/2
        ...force open in emacs/other window           mouse-3
        record a position in mark ring                C-c %
        jump back to last followed link(s)            C-c &
        find next link                                C-c C-x C-n
        find previous link                            C-c C-x C-p
        edit code snippet of file at point            C-c '

**  Internal Links

        <<My Target>>     target
        <<<My Target>>>     radio target^2
        [[*this text]]     find headline
        [[this text]]     find target or text in buffer
        [[this text][description]]     optional link text

**  External Links

       file:/home/dominik/img/mars.jpg       file, absolute
       file:papers/last.pdf                  file, relative
       file:projects.org::*that text         find headline
       file:projects.org::find me            find trgt/string
       http://www.astro.uva.nl/dominik       on the web
       mailto:adent@galaxy.net               Email address
       news:comp.emacs                       Usenet group
       bbdb:Richard Stallman                 BBDB person
       gnus:group                            GNUS group
       gnus:group#id                         GNUS message
       vm|wl|mhe|rmail:folder                Mail folder
       vm|wl|mhe|rmail:folder#id             Mail message
       info:emacs:Regexps                    Info file:node
       shell:ls *.org                        shell command
       elisp:(calendar)                      elisp form
       [[external link][description]]                           optional link text

~* Completion

       In-buffer completion completes TODO keywords at headlinestart,
             TeX macros after "\"
             option keywords after "#-"
             TAGS after ":"
             and dictionary words elsewhere.

        Complete word at point                        M-TAB

* [[info:org:TODO%20Items][TODO Items]]                       M-S-RET         C-c C-t

        insert new TODO entry/checkbox item           M-S-RET
        insert TODO entry/ckbx after subtree          C-S-RET
        CONVERT CURRENT HEADING TO TODO               C-c C-t

        rotate the state of the current item          C-c C-t
        select next/previous state                    S-LEFT/RIGHT
        select next/previous set                      C-S-LEFT/RIGHT
        view TODO items in a sparse tree              C-c C-v
        view 3rd TODO keyword's sparse tree           C-3 C-c C-v

        set the priority of the current item          C-c , [ABC]
        remove priority cookie from current item      C-c , SPC
        raise/lower priority of current item          S-UP/DOWN^3

* [[info:org:Tags][Tags]]                             C-c C-q  /  C-c C-c  /  C-c \ :Check:

        set tags for current heading                  C-c C-q
        set tabs when on the heading                  C-c C-c
        realign tags in all headings                  C-u C-c C-q

        create sparse tree with matching tags         C-c / T  /  C-c \
        create global list of tag matches             C-c a m
          with \C-u prefix, ignore not TODO           C-u C-c a m
        global agenda list tag matches only TODO      C-c a M
        globally (agenda) match tags at cursor        C-c C-o

* [[info:org:Properties%20and%20Columns][Properties and Column View]]       C-c C-x p

        set property                                  C-c C-x p
        special commands in property lines            C-c C-c
        next/previous allowed value                   S-left/right
        turn on column view                           C-c C-x C-c
        capture columns view in dynamic block         C-c C-x i

        quit column view                              q
        next/previous allowed value                   S-left/right
        next/previous allowed value                   n / p
        edit value                                    e
        edit allowed values list                      a
        show value                                    v
        make column wider/narrower                    > / <
        move column left/right                        M-left/right
        add new column                                M-S-right
        Delete current column                         M-S-left

* [[info:org:Timestamps][Timestamps]]                       C-c .  /   C-c !

        prompt for date and insert timestamp          C-c .
        like C-c . but insert date and time format    C-u C-c .
        Like C-c . but make stamp inactive            C-c !
        insert DEADLINE timestamp                     C-c C-d
        insert SCHEDULED timestamp                    C-c C-s
        create sparse tree with all deadlines due     C-c / d
        the time between 2 dates in a time range      C-c C-y
        change timestamp at cursor by 1 day           S-RIGHT/LEFT
        change year/month/day at cursor by 1          S-UP/DOWN
        access the calendar for the current date      C-c >
        insert timestamp matching date in calendar    C-c <
        access agenda for current date                C-c C-o
        Select date while prompted                    mouse-1/RET
        Toggle custom format display for dates/times  C-c C-x C-t
* [[info:org:Inserting%20deadline/schedule][Schedule and Deadline]]            C-c C-s  /  C-c C-d
* [[info:org:Clocking%20work%20time][Clocking time]]                    C-c C-x C-i  /  C-c C-x C-o

        start clock on current item                   C-c C-x C-i
        stop clock on current item                    C-c C-x C-o
        cancel current clock                          C-c C-x C-x
        display total subtree times                   C-c C-x C-d
        remove displayed times                        C-c C-c
        insert/update table with clock report         C-c C-x C-r

* [[info:org:Relative%20timer][Relative time clock]]              C-c C-x .  /  C-c C-x -

        insert a relative time into the buffer         C-c C-x .
           the first time the timer is started
           reset relative time to Zero             C-u C-c C-x .
        insert a description list item with time       C-c C-x -
	   with prefix set to zero                  C-u C-c C-x -
        reset timer without inserting anything         C-c C-x 0
           set to a specific offset                C-u C-c C-x 0
           with C-c C-u prefix, change all times in region
             by a given offset                              C-c C-u C-c C-x 0
        pause timer                                   C-c C-x ,
        stop timer                                C-u C-c C-x ,
* Countdown timer (Teatime Functionality)   C-c C-x ; :TODO:
  From Agenda: ";"v
  On mailing list, but didn't find in up to date docs on [2009-08-10 Mon]
* [[info:org:Refiling%20notes][Refiling]]                         C-c C-w

    C-c C-w           Refile entry or region at point
    C-u C-c C-w       Use the refile interface to jump to a heading.
    C-u C-u C-c C-w   Jump to  location where org-refile last moved a tree

     By default, all level 1 headlines in the current buffer are considered to be
     targets, but you can have more complex definitions across a number of
     files. See  [[*Variable%20org%20refile%20targets][local link to docstring of variable org-refile-targets]] for
     details.

** Variables

     Feature                  Variable (click to customize)
                              [[elisp:(customize-variable 'org-reverse-note-order)][org-reverse-note-order]]
     using files              [[(customize-variable%20'org-refile-targets)][org-refile-targets]]
     path completion          [[elisp:(customize-variable%20'org-refile-use-outline-path)][org-refile-use-outline-path]]
     "                        [[elisp:(customize-variable%20'org-outline-path-complete-in-steps)][org-outline-path-complete-in-steps]]
     create note on the fly   [[elisp:(customize-variable%20'org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes%20%20)][org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes]]

*** Variable org-refile-targets
      org-refile-targets is a variable defined in `org.el'.
      Its value is
      ((nil :maxlevel . 1))

      Documentation:
      Targets for refiling entries with C-c C-w.
      This is list of cons cells.  Each cell contains:
      - a specification of the files to be considered, either a list of files,
        or a symbol whose function or variable value will be used to retrieve
        a file name or a list of file names.  If you use `org-agenda-files' for
        that, all agenda files will be scanned for targets.  Nil means, consider
        headings in the current buffer.
      - A specification of how to find candidate refile targets.  This may be
        any of:
        - a cons cell (:tag . "TAG") to identify refile targets by a tag.
          This tag has to be present in all target headlines, inheritance will
          not be considered.
        - a cons cell (:todo . "KEYWORD") to identify refile targets by
          todo keyword.
        - a cons cell (:regexp . "REGEXP") with a regular expression matching
          headlines that are refiling targets.
        - a cons cell (:level . N).  Any headline of level N is considered a target.
          Note that, when `org-odd-levels-only' is set, level corresponds to
          order in hierarchy, not to the number of stars.
        - a cons cell (:maxlevel . N). Any headline with level <= N is a target.
          Note that, when `org-odd-levels-only' is set, level corresponds to
          order in hierarchy, not to the number of stars.

      You can set the variable `org-refile-target-verify-function' to a function
      to verify each headline found by the simple critery above.

      When this variable is nil, all top-level headlines in the current buffer
      are used, equivalent to the value `((nil . (:level . 1))'.

      You can customize this variable.

* Remember (NOTE ABOUT THIS) 	   C-c r [X]  /  C-u C-c r [X] :CheckMe:
  I thought there ought to be some stuff in this file about remember.
* [[info:org:Remember][Remember Templates]]

        %^{PROMPT}  prompt the user for a string and replace this sequence with it.
                    You may specify a default value and a completion table with
                    %^{prompt|default|completion2|completion3...}
                    The arrow keys access a prompt-specific history.
        %a          annotation, normally the link created with `org-store-link'
        %A          like `%a', but prompt for the description part
        %i          initial content, the region when remember is called with C-u.
                    The entire text will be indented like `%i' itself.
        %t          timestamp, date only
        %T          timestamp with date and time
        %u, %U      like the above, but inactive timestamps
        %^t         like `%t', but prompt for date.  Similarly `%^T', `%^u', `%^U'
                    You may define a prompt like `%^{Birthday}t'
        %n          user name (taken from `user-full-name')
        %c          Current kill ring head.
        %x          Content of the X clipboard.
        %^C         Interactive selection of which kill or clip to use.
        %^L         Like `%^C', but insert as link.
        %^g         prompt for tags, with completion on tags in target file.
        %k          title of currently clocked task
        %K          link to currently clocked task
        %^G         prompt for tags, with completion all tags in all agenda files.
        %^{PROP}p   Prompt the user for a value for property PROP
        %:keyword   specific information for certain link types, see below
        %[FILE]     insert the contents of the file given by FILE
        %(SEXP)     evaluate Elisp SEXP and replace with the result
        %!          immediately store note after completing the template
                    (skipping the `C-c C-c' that normally triggers storing)
        %&          jump to target location immediately after storing note

* [[info:org:Agenda%20Views][Agenda Views]]                     C-c a
** TODO [#B] Agenda Commands (available in agenda buffer)
   - as of [2009-12-15 Tue] use > to work on inactive timestamps
*** Calendar issues of all kinds
**** In Agenda buffer
     - f/b::  go forward/back in time by one "org-agenda-ndays"
***** Remote editing
      k ::
**** In Calendar

** TODO Cursor Keys in agenda buffer: there is some traffic on the list
*** Link to Manual: [[http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html#Agenda-commands][Org Agenda Commands]]
**** Motion
	- n ::   Next line (same as <up> and C-p).
	- p ::   Previous line (same as <down> and C-n).
***** View/Go to Org file
	- mouse-3 ::
	- <SPC> :: Display the original location of the item in another window. With prefix arg, make sure that the entire entry is made visible in the outline, not only the heading.
	- L ::   Display original location and recenter that window.
	- mouse-2 ::
	- mouse-1::
	- <TAB> ::   Go to the original location of the item in another window. Under Emacs 22, mouse-1 will also works for this.
	- <RET> ::   Go to the original location of the item and delete other windows.
	- F ::   Toggle Follow mode. In Follow mode, as you move the cursor through the agenda buffer, the other window always shows the corresponding location in the Org file. The initial setting for this mode in new agenda buffers can be set with the variable org-agenda-start-with-follow-mode.
	- C-c C-x b :: Display the entire subtree of the current item in an indirect buffer. With a numeric prefix argument N, go up to level N and then take that tree. If N is negative, go up that many levels. With a C-u prefix, do not remove the previously used indirect buffer.
	- C-c C-o ::   Follow a link in the entry. This will offer a selection of any links in the text belonging to the referenced Org node. If there is only one link, it will be followed without a selection prompt.
**** Change display

	- o ::   Delete other windows.
	- v d or short d ::
	- v w or short w ::
	- v m ::
	- v y :: Switch to day/week/month/year view. When switching to day or week
              view, this setting becomes the default for subsequent agenda
              commands. Since month and year views are slow to create, they do
              not become the default. A numeric prefix argument may be used to
              jump directly to a specific day of the year, ISO week, month, or
              year, respectively. For example, 32 d jumps to February 1st, 9 w
              to ISO week number 9. When setting day, week, or month view, a
              year may be encoded in the prefix argument as well. For example,
              200712 w will jump to week 12 in 2007. If such a year
              specification has only one or two digits, it will be mapped to
              the interval 1938-2037.
	- f::    Go forward in time to display the following org-agenda-ndays
             days. For example, if the display covers a week, switch to the
             following week. With prefix arg, go forward that many times
             org-agenda-ndays days.
	- b ::   Go backward in time to display earlier dates.
	- \. ::    Go to today.
	- j ::   Prompt for a date and go there.
	- D ::   Toggle the inclusion of diary entries. See Weekly/daily agenda.
	- v l or short l ::  Toggle Logbook mode. In Logbook mode, entries that
               were marked DONE while logging was on (variable org-log-done) are
               shown in the agenda, as are entries that have been clocked on
               that day. You can configure the entry types that should be
               included in log mode using the variable
               org-agenda-log-mode-items. When called with a C-u prefix, show
               all possible logbook entries, including state changes. When
               called with two prefix args C-u C-u, show only logging
               information, nothing else.

	- v [ or short [ ::  Include inactive timestamps into the current
              view. Only for weekly/daily agenda and timeline views.
	- v a ::
	- v A ::   Toggle Archives mode. In Archives mode, trees that are marked
              ARCHIVED are also scanned when producing the agenda. When you
              use the capital A, even all archive files are included. To exit
              archives mode, press v a again.
	- v R or short R ::  Toggle Clockreport mode. In Clockreport mode, the
              daily/weekly agenda will always show a table with the clocked
              times for the timespan and file scope covered by the current
              agenda view. The initial setting for this mode in new agenda
              buffers can be set with the variable
              org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode.
	- v E or short E ::  Toggle entry text mode. In entry text mode, a number
              of lines from the Org outline node referenced by an agenda line
              will be displayed below the line. The maximum number of lines is
              given by the variable org-agenda-entry-text-maxlines. Calling
              this command with a numeric prefix argument will temporarily
              modify that number to the prefix value.
	- G ::   Toggle the time grid on and off. See also the variables
              org-agenda-use-time-grid and org-agenda-time-grid.
	- r ::   Recreate the agenda buffer, for example to reflect the changes
              after modification of the timestamps of items with S-<left> and
              S-<right>. When the buffer is the global TODO list, a prefix
              argument is interpreted to create a selective list for a
              specific TODO keyword.
	- g ::   Same as r.
	- s ::
	- C-x C-s :: Save all Org buffers in the current Emacs session, and also
              the locations of IDs.
	- C-c C-x C-c ::  Invoke column view (see Column view) in the agenda
              buffer. The column view format is taken from the entry at point,
              or (if there is no entry at point), from the first entry in the
              agenda view. So whatever the format for that entry would be in
              the original buffer (taken from a property, from a #+COLUMNS
              line, or from the default variable org-columns-default-format),
              will be used in the agenda.
	- C-c C-x > ::   Remove the restriction lock on the agenda, if it is
              currently restricted to a file or subtree (see Agenda files).
**** Secondary filtering and query editing
	- /::   Filter the current agenda view with respect to a tag and/or effort
            estimates. The difference between this and a custom agenda command
            is that filtering is very fast, so that you can switch quickly
            between different filters without having to recreate the agenda1
	    You will be prompted for a tag selection letter. Pressing <TAB> at
            that prompt will offer use completion to select a tag (including
            any tags that do not have a selection character). The command then
            hides all entries that do not contain or inherit this tag. When
            called with prefix arg, remove the entries that do have the tag. A
            second / at the prompt will turn off the filter and unhide any
            hidden entries. If the first key you press is either + or -, the
            previous filter will be narrowed by requiring or forbidding the
            selected additional tag. Instead of pressing + or - after /, you
            can also immediately use the \ command.
	    In order to filter for effort estimates, you should set-up allowed
            efforts globally, for example
	              (setq org-global-properties
	                  '(("Effort_ALL". "0 0:10 0:30 1:00 2:00 3:00 4:00")))
	    You can then filter for an effort by first typing an operator, one
            of <, >, and =, and then the one-digit index of an effort estimate
            in your array of allowed values, where 0 means the 10th value. The
            filter will then restrict to entries with effort smaller-or-equal,
            equal, or larger-or-equal than the selected value. If the digits
            0-9 are not used as fast access keys to tags, you can also simply
            press the index digit directly without an operator. In this case,
            < will be assumed. For application of the operator, entries
            without a defined effort will be treated according to the value of
            org-sort-agenda-noeffort-is-high. To filter for tasks without
            effort definition, press ? as the operator.
	- g ::
	- \ ::   Narrow the current agenda filter by an additional condition. When
            called with prefix arg, remove the entries that do have the tag,
            or that do match the effort criterion. You can achieve the same
            effect by pressing + or - as the first key after the / command.
	- [ ] { } ::  in search view    add new search words ([ and ]) or new
            regular expressions ({ and }) to the query string. The opening
            bracket/brace will add a positive search term prefixed by ‘+’,
            indicating that this search term must occur/match in the
            entry. The closing bracket/brace will add a negative search term
            which must not occur/match in the entry for it to be selected.
**** Remote editing

	- 0-9 ::    Digit argument.
	- C-\_ ::    Undo a change due to a remote editing command. The change is undone both in the agenda buffer and in the remote buffer.
	- t  ::    Change the TODO state of the item, both in the agenda and in the original org file.
	- C-k ::    Delete the current agenda item along with the entire subtree belonging to it in the original Org file. If the text to be deleted remotely is longer than one line, the kill needs to be confirmed by the user. See variable org-agenda-confirm-kill.
	- C-c C-w ::   Refile the entry at point.
	- a ::    Toggle the ARCHIVE tag for the current headline.
	- A ::    Move the subtree corresponding to the current entry to its archive sibling.
	- $ ::    Archive the subtree corresponding to the current headline. This means the entry will be moved to the configured archive location, most likely a different file.
	- T ::    Show all tags associated with the current item. This is useful if you have turned off org-agenda-show-inherited-tags, but still want to see all tags of a headline occasionally.
	- : ::    Set tags for the current headline. If there is an active region in the agenda, change a tag for all headings in the region.
	- , ::    Set the priority for the current item. Org mode prompts for the priority character. If you reply with <SPC>, the priority cookie is removed from the entry.
	- P ::    Display weighted priority of current item.
	- +, S-<up>   :: Increase the priority of the current item. The priority is changed in the original buffer, but the agenda is not resorted. Use the r key for this.
	- -, S-<down> ::  Decrease the priority of the current item.
	- z ::    Add a note to the entry. This note will be recorded, and then files to the same location where state change notes are put. Depending on org-log-into-drawer, this maybe inside a drawer.
	- C-c C-a ::  Dispatcher for all command related to attachments.
	- C-c C-s ::  Schedule this item
	- C-c C-d ::  Set a deadline for this item.
	- k ::    Agenda actions, to set dates for selected items to the cursor date. This command also works in the calendar! The command prompts for an additional key:
             -  m ::   Mark the entry at point for action.  You can also make entries
                   in Org files with C-c C-x C-k.
             -  d ::  Set the deadline of the marked entry to the date at point.
             -  s ::  Schedule the marked entry at the date at point.
             -  r ::  Call org-remember with the cursor date as default date.

	     [Press r afterward to refresh the agenda and see the effect of the command.]
	- S-<right> ::  Change the timestamp associated with the current line by one day into the future. With a numeric prefix argument, change it by that many days. For example, 3 6 5 S-<right> will change it by a year. With a C-u prefix, change the time by one hour. If you immediately repeat the command, it will continue to change hours even without the prefix arg. With a double C-u C-u prefix, do the same for changing minutes. The stamp is changed in the original Org file, but the change is not directly reflected in the agenda buffer. Use r or g to update the buffer.
	- S-<left>  ::  Change the timestamp associated with the current line by one day into the past.
	- > ::    Change the timestamp associated with the current line to today. The key > has been chosen, because it is the same as S-. on my keyboard.
	- I ::    Start the clock on the current item. If a clock is running already, it is stopped first.
	- O ::    Stop the previously started clock.
	- X ::    Cancel the currently running clock.
	- J ::    Jump to the running clock in another window.
**** Bulk remote editing selected entries

	- s ::   Mark the entry at point for bulk action.
	- u ::   Unmark entry for bulk action.
	- U ::   Unmark all marked entries for bulk action.
	- B ::    Bulk action: act on all marked entries in the agenda. This will prompt for another key to select the action to be applied:
              - r ::  Prompt for a single refile target and move all entries.  The entries
                  :  will no longer be in the agenda, refresh (g) to bring them back.
              - $ ::  Archive all selected entries.
              - A ::  Archive entries by moving them to their respective archive siblings.
              - t :: Change TODO state.  This prompts for a single TODO keyword and
                  changes the state of all selected entries, bypassing blocking and
                  suppressing logging notes (but not time stamps).
              - + :: Add a tag to all selected entries.
              - - :: Remove a tag from all selected entries.
              - s :: Schedule all items to a new date.  To shift existing schedule dates
                  by a fixed number of days, use something starting with double plus
                  at the prompt, for example ‘++8d’ or ‘++2w’.
              - d :: Set deadline to a specific date.

**** Calendar commands

	- c   ::  Open the Emacs calendar and move to the date at the agenda cursor.
	- c   ::  When in the calendar, compute and show the Org mode agenda for the date at the cursor.
	- i   ::  Insert a new entry into the diary. Prompts for the type of entry (day, weekly, monthly, yearly, anniversary, cyclic) and creates a new entry in the diary, just as i d, etc., would do in the calendar. The date is taken from the cursor position.
	- M   ::  Show the phases of the moon for the three months around current date.
	- S   ::  Show sunrise and sunset times. The geographical location must be set with calendar variables, see the documentation for the Emacs calendar.
	- C   ::  Convert the date at cursor into many other cultural and historic calendars.
	- H   ::  Show holidays for three months around the cursor date.
	- M-x :: org-export-icalendar-combine-agenda-files
	    Export a single iCalendar file containing entries from all agenda files. This is a globally available command, and also available in the agenda menu.

***** Exporting to a file

	- C-x C-w ::   Write the agenda view to a file. Depending on the extension of the selected file name, the view will be exported as HTML (extension .html or .htm), Postscript (extension .ps), PDF (extension .pdf), Org-mode (extension .org), and plain text (any other extension). When called with a C-u prefix argument, immediately open the newly created file. Use the variable org-agenda-exporter-settings to set options for ps-print and for htmlize to be used during export.

*****      Quit and Exit
	- q ::

**** Quit agenda, remove the agenda buffer.
	- x ::	    Exit agenda, remove the agenda buffer and all buffers loaded by Emacs for
	    the compilation of the agenda. Buffers created by the user to visit Org
	    files will not be removed.

*** OLD
**** MORE:
      - C-x C-s
*****   View Org file

           show and recenter window                     L
           goto original location in other window       TAB/mouse-2/mouse-1
           goto original location, delete other windows RET
           show subtree in indirect buffer, ded. frame  b
           toggle follow-mode                           f

*****  Change display

           delete other windows                        o
           switch to day/week/month/year view          d w m y
           Toggle inclusion of diary entries           D
           toggle time grid for daily schedule         G
           toggle display of logbook entries           l
           toggle inclusion of archived trees/files     v / C-u v
           refresh agenda buffer with any changes       r / g
           filter with repect to a tag                 /
           save all org-mode buffers                   s
           display next/previous day,week,...          RIGHT/LEFT
           goto today                                  .

*****  Remote Editing from Agenda

         You are not allowed to edit the agenda buffer itself, but
         the following commands edit it "remotely":

           undo a change due to remote editing         C-_
           digit argument                              0-9
           change state of current TODO item           t
           kill item and source                        C-k
           Refile entry at point                       C-c C-w
           toggle archive tag for headline             a
           move subtree to _Archive Sibling_           A
           archive the subtree of headline             $
             (to configured archive location---?file)

           show tags of current headline               T
             (including inherited tags)
           set tags for current headline/region        :
           set priority of current item                p / ','
           raise priority of current item              S-UP/DOWN / +
           lower priority of current item              S-DOWN  / -
           display weighted priority of current item   P
           dispatcher for attachment commands          C-c C-a
           schedule this item                          C-c C-s
           set deadline for this item                  C-c C-d
           change timestamp to one day earlier/later   S-LEFT/RIGHT^3
           change timestamp to today                   >
           insert new entry into diary                 i

****** Agenda Actions for selected items

           Dispatcher for agenda actions              k
           [mark entry at point for action          a ]
	       	may be out of date
           set deadline to date at point              d
           schedule to date at point                  s
           call remember, cursor date as default      r

         Press 'r' afterward to see effect of action

****** Clock actions                 I / O / X / J

           start the clock on current item             I
           stop the clock on current item              O
           cancel the clock on current item            X

           jump to running clock entry, other window   J

**** Agenda Actions for selected items

       	Dispatcher for agenda actions    Suggested: C-c a

***** Clock actions in agenda

       start the clock on current item              I
       stop the clock on current item               O
       cancel the clock on current item             X

       jump to running clock entry, other window    J

**** Misc

     Open link in current line  C-c C-o

**** Calendar commands in agenda

         find agenda cursor date in calendar           c
         compute agenda for calendar cursor date       c
         show phases of the moon                       M
         show sunrise/sunset times                     S
         show holidays                                 H
         convert date to other calendars               C

**** Quit and Exit

         quit agenda, remove agenda buffer             q
         exit agenda, remove all agenda buffers        x
**  Agenda Files
     The variable org-agenda-files controls which files are used for
     agenda display.
       - if it is a directory, all files matched by
         org-agenda-files-regexp are included
       - a list of files may be stored in a file:
         org-agenda-files is then the name of a single file.
       - the variable can be customized

     The variable 'org-agenda-files' may be maintained through the following
     commands:

        add/move current file to front of agenda      C-c [
        remove current file from your agenda          C-c ]
        cycle through agenda file list                C-, / C-'
        set/remove restriction lock  5                C-c C-x </>

**  Agenda Files Maintenance

     The variable 'org-agenda-files' may be maintained through the following
     commands:

        add/move current file to front of agenda      C-c [
        remove current file from your agenda          C-c ]
        cycle through agenda file list                C-, / C-'
        set restriction lock                          C-c C-x <
        remove restriction lock                       C-c C-x >

**  The Agenda Dispatcher

        (assuming C-c a is the Agenda Dispatcher, the following are
        suggested bindings)

        restrict agenda command to current buffer     C-c a < (then character)
                                                      C-c a < <
                 If there is an active region, restrict the following agenda
                 command to  the region. Otherwise, restrict it to the
                 current subtree2. After pressing < <, you still
		 need to press the character selecting the command.

        compile agenda for the current week           C-c a a

        compile global TODO list                      C-c a t
        compile TODO list for specific keyword        C-c a T

        match tags, TODO kwds, properties             C-c a m
        match only in TODO entries                    C-c a M

        show timeline view of current org file        C-c a L
          (time-sorted view)
        match boolean expression                      C-c a s
        configure custom commands                     C-c a C
        search agenda files for regular expression    C-c a /

        find stuck projects                           C-c a # ; C-c a !
        restrict agenda command to current buffer     C-c a < (then character)
        agenda for date at cursor                     C-c C-o

*** From org-agenda.el
       a     Call `org-agenda-list' to display the agenda for current day or week.
       t     Call `org-todo-list' to display the global todo list.
       T     Call `org-todo-list' to display the global todo list, select only
             entries with a specific TODO keyword (the user gets a prompt).
       m     Call `org-tags-view' to display headlines with tags matching
             a condition  (the user is prompted for the condition).
       M     Like `m', but select only TODO entries, no ordinary headlines.
       L     Create a timeline for the current buffer.
       e     Export views to associated files.
       s     Search entries for keywords.
       /     Multi occur accros all agenda files and also files listed
             in `org-agenda-text-search-extra-files'.
       <     Restrict agenda commands to buffer, subtree, or region.
             Press several times to get the desired effect.
       >     Remove a previous restriction.
       #     List \"stuck\" projects.
       !     Configure what \"stuck\" means.
       C     Configure custom agenda commands.

*** Keyword search

        boolean search by keyword of files            C-c a s
       (searches all files in `org-agenda-text-search-extra-files')

** TODO [#B] Agenda Commands (available in  agenda buffer)
*** MORE:
     - C-x C-s       ? org-agenda-Schedule
****  View Org file :errors:

          show and recenter window                     L
          goto original location in other window       TAB/mouse-2/mouse-1
          goto original location, delete other windows RET
          show subtree in indirect buffer, ded. frame  b                       X

**** Clock actions in agenda

      start the clock on current item              I
      stop the clock on current item               O
      cancel the clock on current item             X

      jump to running clock entry, other window    J

*** Misc

    Open link in current line  C-c C-o

*** Calendar commands in agenda

        find agenda cursor date in calendar           c
        compute agenda for calendar cursor date       c
        show phases ogf the moon                       M
        show sunrise/sunset times                     S
        show holidays                                 H
        convert date to other calendars               C

*** Quit and Exit

        quit agenda, remove agenda buffer             q
        exit agenda, remove all agenda buffers        x

* Calendar and Diary Integration

  Include Emacs diary entries into Org-mode agenda with:
  (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

* LaTeX and cdlatex-mode

        preview LaTeX fragment                        C-c C-x C-l

        cdlatex-mode                             M-x org-cdlatex-mode
             (alternately use latex hook)
        Expand abbreviation (cdlatex-mode)            TAB
        Insert/modify math symbol (cdlatex-mode)      ` / '

** Features of CDLaTeX Mode
     insert environment templates                 C-c {
     expand template abbrevs                      TAB
        list of all abbrevs:                       M-x cdlatex-command-help
     super- / subscripts                           ^  /  _
     math macros                                   backquote (`) and char
       (help pops up 1.5 sec after "`" is entered)
     modify symbol before char, or font            quote (') and char
       (help pops up 1.5 sec after "'" is entered)

* [[info:org:Exporting][Exporting]] and [[info:org:Publishing][Publishing]]         C-c C-e

       Exporting creates files with extensions .txt and .html
       in the current directory.  Publishing puts the resulting file
       into some other place.

        export/publish dispatcher                     C-c C-e
        export visible part only                      C-c C-e v
        insert template of export options             C-c C-x t
        toggle fixed width for entry or region        C-c :

** Keyboard shortcuts for typing certain structures
    (from org-structure-template-alist)
     Type any of these on an empty line, followed by <TAB>

     - <s   #+begin_src / #+end_src
     - <e   #+begin_example  /#+end_example
     - <q   #+begin_quote  /  #+end_quote
     - <v   #+begin_verse  /  #+end_verse
     - <l   #+begin_latex  /   #+end_latex
     - <L   #+latex:
  - HTML Export:
     - <h   #+begin_html  /  #+end_html
     - <H   #+html:
  -
     - <a   #+begin_ascii  /  #+end_ascii"
     - <A   #+ascii:
     - <i   #+include %file
** Commonly used setups for LaTeX export
   Set Title:
       #+TITLE: This is the title of the document
       (For subtrees, property EXPORT_TITLE takes precedence)
   Number of Levels as sections:                    #+OPTIONS: H:4
   TOC examples        #+OPTIONS: toc:2  , or   #+OPTIONS: toc:nil
   Include files:  [[info:org:Include%20files][Link to info docs]]

** Export Options         C-c C-e t
    `C-c C-e t'   Insert template with export options, see example below.

     #+TITLE:     the title to be shown (default is the buffer name)
     #+AUTHOR:    the author (default taken from `user-full-name')
     #+DATE:      A date, fixed, of a format string for `format-time-string'
     #+EMAIL:     his/her email address (default from `user-mail-address')
     #+LANGUAGE:  language for HTML, e.g. `en' (`org-export-default-language')
     #+TEXT:      Some descriptive text to be inserted at the beginning.
     #+TEXT:      Several lines may be given.
     #+LINK_UP:   the ``up'' link of an exported page
     #+LINK_HOME: the ``home'' link of an exported page
     #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS:   Tags that select a tree for export
     #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS:  Tags that exclude a tree from export
     #+ATTR_LaTeX:  Attributes (tbl, figure) example: 'align=rrlp{2cm}lrl'
     #+ATTR_HTML:   Attributes
     #+LaTeX_HEADER: <any optoin from preamble>

    The OPTIONS line is a compact(1) form to specify export settings.  Here
    you can:
      H:         set the number of headline levels for export
      num:       turn on/off section-numbers
      toc:       turn on/off table of contents, or set level limit (integer)
      \n:        turn on/off line-break-preservation
      @:         turn on/off quoted HTML tags
      ::         turn on/off fixed-width sections
      |:         turn on/off tables
      ^:         turn on/off TeX-like syntax for sub- and superscripts.  If
                 you write "^:{}", `a_{b}' will be interpreted, but
                 the simple `a_b' will be left as it is.
      -:         turn on/off conversion of special strings.
      f:         turn on/off footnotes like this[1].
      todo:      turn on/off inclusion of TODO keywords into exported text
      pri:       turn on/off priority cookies
      tags:      turn on/off inclusion of tags, may also be `not-in-toc'
      <:         turn on/off inclusion of any time/date stamps like DEADLINES
      *:         turn on/off emphasized text (bold, italic, underlined)
      TeX:       turn on/off simple TeX macros in plain text
      LaTeX:     turn on/off LaTeX fragments
      skip:      turn on/off skipping the text before the first heading
      author:    turn on/off inclusion of author name/email into exported file
      creator:   turn on/off inclusion of creator info into exported file
      timestamp: turn on/off inclusion creation time into exported file
      d:         turn on/off inclusion of drawers

     These options take effect in both the HTML and LaTeX export, except
     for `TeX' and `LaTeX', which are respectively `t' and `nil' for the
     LaTeX export.

     When exporting only a single subtree by selecting it with `C-c @'
     before calling an export command, the subtree can overrule some of
     the file's export settings with properties `EXPORT_FILE_NAME',
     `EXPORT_TITLE', `EXPORT_TEXT', and `EXPORT_OPTIONS'.

** Comments: Text not being exported

     Text before the first headline is not considered part of the
     document and is therefore never exported.

     Lines starting with   #  are comments and are not exported.

     Subtrees whose header starts with COMMENT are never exported.

       toggle COMMENT keyword on entry               C-c ;

** Dynamic Blocks

       update dynamic block at point                 C-c C-x C-u
       update all dynamic blocks                     C-u C-c C-x C-u

* [[info:org:Literal%20examples][Literal Examples]] (set in monospace when exported)
   - Example
     #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
     <Example>
     #+END_EXAMPLE
   - Source code
      #+BEGIN_SRC <language>
      <code>
      #+END_SRC
   - To edit in the major mode for specified language:
       - start editing          \C-'   on the #+BEGIN line
       - end editing            \C-'

    Shortcut: On an empty line, insert "<e" and then type TAB.
    Link to [[*Shortcuts%20for%20typing%20structures][shortcuts]] for other "templates"

* [[info:org:Drawers][Drawers]]
** Drawer example
     ** This is a headline
     Still outside the drawer
     :DRAWERNAME:
       This is inside the drawer.
     :END:
     After the drawer.
** Org-drawers configuration
   - configured with the variable `org-drawers
   - per file drawer configuration:
    `#+DRAWERS: HIDDEN PROPERTIES S
* [[info:org:Footnotes][Footnotes]] (Info Manual:  [[info:org:Footnotes][info: Footnotes]]
** Writing Footnotes
*** Variable: org-footnote-define-inline
    - Default :: nil (footnotes in special section at end)
    - Available *in-buffer settings*:
      - #+STARTUP: fninline
      - #+STARTUP: nofninline
*** Entry for Footnotes
     - Numeric:                      [1]
     - Named reference:              [fn:name]
     - Definition                    [fn::Definition here]
     - Inline                        [fn:name:Definition]
     - Secondary, etc. references      [fn:name] (to same definition)
**  C-c C-x f    Footnote Action Command
      - If cursor is on a footnote reference, jump to definition.
     4. Reiterating, perhaps:
	1.       - If cursor is at a definition, jump to the (first) reference.
      - Otherwise, create a new footnote.

      Depending on the variable `org-footnote-define-inline'
      definitions are placed locally, or into the nearest outline
      section with heading `Footnotes'.   If such a section is
      not found after the reference point, one will be created at the end
      of the file.  When this command is called with a prefix argument,
      a menu of additional options is offered:

      - With prefix argument:       C-u C-c C-x f

        s  Sort footnote definitions by reference sequence.
        n  Normalize footnotes---collect definitions into a special
           section and number in sequence (incl. inline definitions)
            - The references will then also be numbers.
              Meant as the final step before finishing a
              document (e.g. sending off an email).
            - Exporters do this automatically,
            - so could something like `message-send-hook'
        d  Delete the footnote at point, and all references to it.

**   C-c C-c
    - On footnote reference, jump to definition
    - On definition, jump back to the reference.
    - C-u C-c C-c: Both locations offer menu of `C-u C-c C-x f'

**   To use footnotes outside Org-mode
       Set  org-footnote-action to a global key like C-c f

* [[ignfo:org:Attachments][Attachments]]                      C-c C-a
  - Set *attachment directory* for entry:    C-c C-a s
  - Set *inheritance* for children           C-c C-a i
  - Attachments *Dispatcher* Commands:         C-c C-a
        *VARIABLE:* org-attach-method org-attach-method determines how
         attachments are handled (copied, moved, or hard-linked.)
    secondary keys to select commands:
     a      Select file and move to the task's attachment directory.
             (see variable 'org-attach-method')
     c/m/l  Attach a file using the copy/move/link method.
     n      Create a new attachment as an Emacs buffer.
     z      Sync current task with its attachment directory, in case
             you added attachments yourself.
     o      Open current task's attachment. If there are more than one,
             prompt for a file name first.
     O      Like 'o',  opens the attachment, forcing opening the file in Emacs.
     f      Open the current task's attachment directory.
     F      Like 'f-,  but open the directory in Emacs dired.
     d      Select and delete a single attachment.
      [D    Delete all of a task's attachments. A safer way is to open the
             directory in dired and delete from there.]

#+STARTUP: folded

* Remember Templates

* Symbol Table: See  [[http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-publish-html-tutorial.php#sec-9][This Link]] on Work

Symbol	Org
 	\nbsp
¡	\iexcl
¢	\cent
£	\pound
¤	\curren
¥	\yen
¦	\brvbar
|	\vert
§	\sect
¨	\uml
©	\copy
ª	\ordf
«	\laquo
¬	\not
­	\shy
®	\reg
¯	\macr
°	\deg
±	\plusmn
⊃2	\sup2
⊃3	\sup3
´	\acute
µ	\micro
¶	\para
·	\middot
o	\odot
*	\star
¸	\cedil
⊃1	\sup1
º	\ordm
»	\raquo
\frac14	\frac14
\frac12	\frac12
\frac34	\frac34
¿	\iquest
\Agrav	\Agrav
\Aacut	\Aacut
Â	\Acirc
\Atild	\Atild
Ä	\Auml
Å	\Aring \AA
Æ	\AElig
Ç	\Ccedil
È	\Egrave
É	\Eacute
Ê	\Ecirc
Ë	\Euml
Ì	\Igrave
Í	\Iacute
Î	\Icirc
Ï	\Iuml
Ð	\ETH
Ñ	\Ntilde
Ò	\Ograve
Ó	\Oacute
Ô	\Ocirc
Õ	\Otilde
Ö	\Ouml
×	\times
Ø	\Oslash
Ù	\Ugrave
Ú	\Uacute
Û	\Ucirc
Ü	\Uuml
Ý	\Yacute
Þ	\THORN
ß	\szlig
à	\agrave
á	\aacute
â	\acirc
ã	\atilde
ä	\auml
å	\aring
æ	\aelig
ç	\ccedil
è	\egrave
é	\eacute
ê	\ecirc
ë	\euml
ì	\igrave
í	\iacute
î	\icirc
ï	\iuml
ð	\eth
ñ	\ntilde
ò	\ograve
ó	\oacute
ô	\ocirc
õ	\otilde
ö	\ouml
÷	\divide
ø	\oslash
ù	\ugrave
ú	\uacute
û	\ucirc
ü	\uuml
ý	\yacute
þ	\thorn
ÿ	\yuml
ƒ	\fnof
Α	\Alpha
Β	\Beta
Γ	\Gamma
Δ	\Delta
Ε	\Epsilon
Ζ	\Zeta
Η	\Eta
Θ	\Theta
Ι	\Iota
Κ	\Kappa
Λ	\Lambda
Μ	\Mu
Ν	\Nu
Ξ	\Xi
Ο	\Omicron
Π	\Pi
Ρ	\Rho
Σ	\Sigma
Τ	\Tau
Υ	\Upsilon
Φ	\Phi
Χ	\Chi
Ψ	\Psi
Ω	\Omega
α	\alpha
β	\beta
γ	\gamma
δ	\delta
ε	\epsilon
ε	\varepsilon
ζ	\zeta
η	\eta
θ	\theta
ι	\iota
κ	\kappa
λ	\lambda
μ	\mu
ν	\nu
ξ	\xi
ο	\omicron
π	\pi
ρ	\rho
ς	\sigmaf \varsigma
σ	\sigma
τ	\tau
υ	\upsilon
φ	\phi
χ	\chi
ψ	\psi
ω	\omega
ϑ	\thetasym \vartheta
ϒ	\upsih
ϖ	\piv
•	\bull \bullet
…	\hellip \dots
′	\prime
″	\Prime
‾	\oline
⁄	\frasl
℘	\weierp
ℑ	\image
ℜ	\real
™	\trade
ℵ	\alefsym
←	\larr
↑	\uarr
→	\rarr
↓	\darr
↔	\harr
↵	\crarr
⇐	\lArr
⇑	\uArr
⇒	\rArr
⇓	\dArr
⇔	\hArr
∀	\forall
∂	\part
∃	\exist
∅	\empty
∇	\nabla
∈	\isin
∉	\notin
∋	\ni
∏	\prod
∑	\sum
−	\minus
∗	\lowast
√	\radic
∝	\prop
∞	\infin
∠	\ang
∧	\and
∨	\or
∩	\cap
∪	\cup
∫	\int
\there4	\there4
∼	\sim
≅	\cong
≈	\asymp
≠	\ne
≡	\equiv
≤	\le
≥	\ge
⊂	\sub
⊃	\sup
⊄	\nsub
⊆	\sube
⊇	\supe
⊕	\oplus
⊗	\otimes
⊥	\perp
⋅	\sdot
⌈	\lceil
⌉	\rceil
⌊	\lfloor
⌋	\rfloor
〈	\lang
〉	\rang
◊	\loz
♠	\spades
♣	\clubs
♥	\hearts
♦	\diams
☺	\smile
"	\quot
&	\amp
<	\lt
>	\gt
Œ	\OElig
œ	\oelig
Š	\Scaron
š	\scaron
Ÿ	\Yuml
ˆ	\circ
˜	\tilde
 	\ensp
 	\emsp
 	\thinsp
‌	\zwnj
‍	\zwj
‎	\lrm
‏	\rlm
–	\ndash
—	\mdash
‘	\lsquo
’	\rsquo
‚	\sbquo
“	\ldquo
”	\rdquo
„	\bdquo
†	\dagger
‡	\Dagger
‰	\permil
‹	\lsaquo
›	\rsaquo
€	\euro
arccos	\arccos
arcsin	\arcsin
arctan	\arctan
arg	\arg
cos	\cos
cosh	\cosh
cot	\cot
coth	\coth
csc	\csc
°	\deg
det	\det
dim	\dim
exp	\exp
gcd	\gcd
hom	\hom
inf	\inf
ker	\ker
lg	\lg
lim	\lim
liminf	\liminf
limsup	\limsup
ln	\ln
log	\log
max	\max
min	\min
Pr	\Pr
sec	\sec
sin	\sin
sinh	\sinh
⊃	\sup
tan	\tan
tanh	\tanh

* unneeded? (my own, largely duplicates from [[*Commonly%20used%20setups%20for%20LaTeX%20export][above]])
** Customizing LaTeX Export
   CLOSED: [2009-03-20 Fri 21:21]
    - Tabular alignments
      - #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=rrlp{2cm}lrl
    - Image (options for *includegraphics* macro)
      ,----
      |  #+CAPTION:    The black-body emission of the disk around HR 4049
      |  #+LABEL:      fig:SED-HR4049
      |  #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=5cm,angle=90
      |  [[./img/sed-hr4049.pdf]]
      `----
    - Quote:
      ,----
      | #+BEGIN_QUOTE |
      | <quote>       |
      | #+END_QUOTE   |
      `----
    - Just write the LaTeX code:
      ,----
      |  \begin{figure}[!tpb]
      |  \centerline{
      |  \includegraphics[scale=0.3]{images/BeerPlot}
      |  }\caption{This is plot looks like a beer.}\label{fig:Beer}
      |  \end{figure}
      `----
    - See this blog post: [[http://www.mfasold.net/blog/2009/02/using-emacs-org-mode-to-draft-papers/][Using Emacs Org-Mode to Draft Papers]]

* Re: Include FAQ to info?
@ 2010-05-22 16:32               ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2010-05-22 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan E. Davis; +Cc: Org Mode, Carsten Dominik

Hi Alan,

Thanks for sharing this! It looks very useful. I'll take a look at it
and get back to you soon.

Best,
Matt