From: Jonathan McHugh <indieterminacy@libre.brussels>
To: "Juan Manuel Macías" <maciaschain@posteo.net>
Cc: orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Org to ConTeXt exporter?
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 20:06:16 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello Juan,

Thanks for validating my suspicions re Latex and Context.

One area I used a lot was with regards to Tikz. I will have to make many
detours before I get the chance to adapt bespoke Tikz projects to to
something more generic and action from org-mode. Hopefully by then the
choice of an outputting document management system will be less of a
consideration.

I half suspect that the Context author (Hans Hagen) focusing on Metapost
allowed the Context community to not value Tikz so much (transposing the
Tikz manual to Context would be a great win IMHO).

Checking in on Context I see that they have a new generation:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/LMTX

Im sure there will be some scripts which will need updating given
updated conventions. Im pleased that that the project still has momentum
and look forward to investigating what this means.

A Guix user, it saddens me that it is not packaged properly (time, time,
time) - especially given the LMTX shift.

Broadening the topic, I wonder whether the wider stemming of Tex derived
products should be approached with as much of the equivalent encapsulation as
possible. New to the Emacs and Lisp world, I do not know whether suggesting
Org-Mode outputting Racket's Scribble or Guile's Skribilo is productive
or relevant (or trolling!).

More practically speaking, it is worth noting that Skribilo outputs
Context (in addition to Latex):
https://www.nongnu.org/skribilo/doc/user-38.html#context-engine

It is entirely possible that that community has resolved a lot of the
challenges the Org-Mode contingent is currently deliberating over.

Best wishes,

Jonathan