* global macros
@ 2020-05-22  9:29 Dauer, Michael
From: Dauer, Michael @ 2020-05-22  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I want to set some org-mode macro globally in my init.el. E.g. author
should be set to user-full-name, but I also want other stuff defined.
Having to import these via setup or include files is not an option.

Macros seem to be "buffer-local", which seems to mean that a cannot just
add my macros to org-macro-templates.

So what would be a good way to achieve my requirements?

BTW: What would be a good way to implement a general include file for all
exports, i.e. to generally include a file with each export without having
to write it into each file/branch to be included. I assume there is an
export hook before macro expansion at which I can include the file. Which
hook? What function to include my file?

Thanks,
Michael

* Re: global macros
@ 2020-05-22 15:05 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2020-05-22 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dauer, Michael; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Dauer, Michael" <michael.dauer@smartpm.com> writes:

> I want to set some org-mode macro globally in my init.el. E.g. author
> should be set to user-full-name, but I also want other stuff defined.
> Having to import these via setup or include files is not an option.
>
> Macros seem to be "buffer-local", which seems to mean that a cannot just
> add my macros to org-macro-templates.

See `org-export-global-macros'.

> BTW: What would be a good way to implement a general include file for all
> exports, i.e. to generally include a file with each export without having
> to write it into each file/branch to be included. I assume there is an
> export hook before macro expansion at which I can include the file. Which
> hook? What function to include my file?

See `org-export-before-processing-hook'.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou