From: Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com>
To: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bug: org-refile-get-target offers default candidate in duplicity [9.2.6 (9.2.6-4-ge30905-elpaplus @ /home/gustavo/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20191007/)]
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 21:45:06 -0300	[thread overview]

Hi Bastien,

On Sun, Feb 16 2020, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Gustavo,
>
> Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> But the fact that
>> 'completing-read-default' returns the refile location with a double
>> trailing slash makes me think there is still something to be fixed in
>> 'org-refile-get-location'.
>
> if you're not tired of the hunt, please tell us when you find what
> needs to be fixed--since there is no bug attached to this, I'll set
> this aside for now.

I'm afraid I have broken proper sequence of this thread unintentionally.
This strip you quote comes from a message I eventually sent 14/Feb
12:33, right after a message of yours at 12:29 in which you concluded:

> From what I understand, this is not a bug in Org.  I hope you can fix
> this somehow, maybe upstream.

The fact is that I was writing mine when yours came, and I didn't see
yours until later. And when I did, the reply was:

> I don't claim a problem persists in Org, and I was just trying to be
> thorough
> in the testing you requested. And did so with pleasure. So...
>
>> From what I understand, this is not a bug in Org.
>
> ... if you are satisfied, I'm happy with that too.
>
> Thank you very very much!

So, with the messages in proper order, I was taken the issue as settled.

If, however, you do think in my message of 12:29 I hit something which
might be relevant, I'd be happy to pursue this further. I'm "not tired
of the hunt", but I fear the issue might well be out of my league, so
there is a real risk of me wasting your time and increasing the noise on
the list. Besides, as reported before, it appears not to impact
functionality. But, if knowing that, you would like me to do so, I'll be
glad to try. In this case, let me know. Otherwise just:

> set this aside for now.

And thanks again!

Best,
Gustavo.