* how to select interactively the time in org-time-stamp
@ 2021-04-08  8:38 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-04-08  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

The documentation states, and I quote

,----
| (org-time-stamp ARG &optional INACTIVE)
|
| Prompt for a date/time and insert a time stamp.
|
| If the user specifies a time like HH:MM or if this command is
| called with at least one prefix argument, the time stamp contains
| the date and the time.  Otherwise, only the date is included.
`----

So I run
C-u C-c .

And org proposes me the date and time of that moment, I can change the
date, since the calendar pops up, but how I can change *interactively*
time time?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: how to select interactively the time in org-time-stamp
@ 2021-04-09  5:25 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2021-04-09  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer writes:

> ,----
> | (org-time-stamp ARG &optional INACTIVE)
> |
> | Prompt for a date/time and insert a time stamp.
> |
> | If the user specifies a time like HH:MM or if this command is
> | called with at least one prefix argument, the time stamp contains
> | the date and the time.  Otherwise, only the date is included.
> `----
>
> So I run
> C-u C-c .
>
> And org proposes me the date and time of that moment, I can change the
> date, since the calendar pops up, but how I can change *interactively*
> time time?

I don't think there's another way to specify the time aside from writing
out a time in some form described by

    (info "(org)The date/time prompt")

As far as I know, C-u is just useful when you want to use the current
time (and perhaps another date).