From: Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@ironicdesign.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: BUG: coderef labels not stripped when tangling
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:45:17 -0500

Hi, Sebastien,

"Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> writes:
> Or a feature, with the consequence that you should put those refs as comments
> (with the appropriate syntax in your language).

That is an excellent suggestion for resolving my immediate issue that
had not occured to me at all.  It believe it does mean that the
presentation of the code ends up with seemingly empty comments where the
coderefs were, but that's a relatively minor thing.

> But, yes, those comments stay as well in your tangled code, which you may not
> like.

It seems counter-intuitive to me that text that is regarded as
meta-information when rendering for presentation is not treated
similarly when tangling---a needless mismatch between the two processes.

But thanks for your workaround suggestion, I will definitely take
advantage of it.

Mike.