* [tip] search this mailing list with helm-surfraw
@ 2021-04-05  9:25 Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2021-04-05  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Hi all,

I am a fanatic Helm user, and within Helm I make intensive use of
helm-surfraw. It is necessary to install Surfraw on the system (in Arch
it is in the community repository). For who does not know, Surfraw
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfraw) is a script written by Julian
Assange that lets you perform searches across many engines and internet
sites. Every kind of search is controlled by a set of scripts called
elvi. We can also write our custom elvis, and save them in the
~/.config/surfraw/elvi/ folder. I have written some elvis for my
personal use, among them this simple script to search this mailing list,
which I share here in case someone finds it useful:

#+begin_src sh :shebang #!/bin/sh :tangle ~/.config/surfraw/elvi/orgmode-ml
  # DESC: search Org Mode mailing list archives
  # elvis: orgmode-ml		-- Search Org Mode mailing list archives (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/)
  . surfraw || exit 1

  w3_usage_hook () {
      cat <<EOF
  Usage: $w3_argv0 [search words]...
  EOF
      w3_global_usage
  }

  w3_config
  w3_parse_args "$@"
  if test -z "$w3_args"; then
      w3_browse_url "https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/"
  else
      escaped_args=`w3_url_of_arg $w3_args`
      w3_browse_url "https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?idxname=emacs-orgmode&sort=score&result=normal&max=20&submit=Search!&query=${escaped_args}"
  fi
#+end_src

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-05  9:26 UTC | newest]