* Agenda buffer name after following a time stamp
@ 2020-10-24 16:45 Garjola Dindi
From: Garjola Dindi @ 2020-10-24 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Accidentally pressing <enter> or <C-c C-o> on an inactive time stamp in
an org mode buffer, I found myself in an agenda buffer with name "*Org
Agenda(a:2020-10-22)" corresponding to the agenda of the date of the
time stamp.

I understand that this is the expected behaviour (jumping to that date),
but I am puzzled by the buffer name. Most annoyingly, from this moment,
unless I restart emacs, most new agenda generations will create a buffer
with the same name, that is "*Org Agenda(a:2020-10-22)" in my example
independently of the date for which the agenda is generated.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Press <C-c C-o> on [2020-10-22 Thu]. This generates the agenda for
   that date in a buffer named "*Org Agenda(a:2020-10-22)"
2. Close the agenda with "q" or "x"
3. invoke the org-agenda dispatcher, choose t (or any other view except
   "a"). This generates a buffer named "*Org Agenda(a:2020-10-22)"
   instead of "*Org Agenda*".

Using the interactive commands org-todo-list has the same behaviour.

However, using "a" in the agenda dispatcher or calling org-agenda-list
generates a buffer correctly called  "*Org Agenda*".

I have tried with "emacs -q" and the behaviour is the same.

Is this an expected behaviour? I have not been able to find the
information in the manual.

Thank you.

G.
-

* Re: Agenda buffer name after following a time stamp
@ 2020-11-09  6:10 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2020-11-09  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garjola Dindi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Garjola Dindi writes:

[...]
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Press <C-c C-o> on [2020-10-22 Thu]. This generates the agenda for
>    that date in a buffer named "*Org Agenda(a:2020-10-22)"
> 2. Close the agenda with "q" or "x"
> 3. invoke the org-agenda dispatcher, choose t (or any other view except
>    "a"). This generates a buffer named "*Org Agenda(a:2020-10-22)"
>    instead of "*Org Agenda*".
>
> Using the interactive commands org-todo-list has the same behaviour.
>
> However, using "a" in the agenda dispatcher or calling org-agenda-list
> generates a buffer correctly called  "*Org Agenda*".
>
> I have tried with "emacs -q" and the behaviour is the same.
>
> Is this an expected behaviour? I have not been able to find the
> information in the manual.

Thanks for the report, and the steps to trigger the issue.  Should be
fixed by 95af0a244.