* display-buffer-pop-up-frame causes many extra frames for capture
@ 2020-05-03  3:38 Stephen Paul Weber
From: Stephen Paul Weber @ 2020-05-03  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all!

I have been working to increase my frame use with emacs, and have taken the
following from the manual:

(custom-set-variables
	'(display-buffer-base-action
		'(
		  (display-buffer-reuse-window display-buffer-pop-up-frame)
		  (reusable-frames . 0)
		)
	)
)

When used with org-capture, something surprising happens.  At first, a new frame
is popped up to show the capture template menu.  So far, so good.  However,
after I hit a key to select a template instead of my new frame being replaced
with one containing the template, instead I get 2 new frames (or it closes this
one and makes 3 new -- I end up with 4 total including the original frame I ran
org-capture from) one of the new frames contains the template result and the
other contains `other-buffer` with the usual result that I am looking at 3
frames containing whatever I was working on and one frame containing the org
capture template.

I'm happy to make further customisations of my environment to avoid this, but it
is very surprising to me so I wonder if anyone can guess what might be happening
and give me some pointers about it?

Thank you.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: display-buffer-pop-up-frame causes many extra frames for capture
@ 2020-09-06  6:31 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-06  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Paul Weber; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Stephen,

Stephen Paul Weber <singpolyma@singpolyma.net> writes:

> I'm happy to make further customisations of my environment to avoid
> this, but it is very surprising to me so I wonder if anyone can
> guess what might be happening and give me some pointers about it?

I don't use frames so I cannot confirm the bug is *not* here, perhaps
others can tell.

In the meantime, can you provide your Org and Emacs versions and a
reproducible minimal recipe for what looks like a bug?  A few steps
to let anyone see what you see and fix the problem.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien