* About `org-insert-heading' in Org's manual
@ 2013-01-12  7:27 Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-01-12  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In (info "(org) Plain lists"):
`M-<RET>'     (`org-insert-heading')
     Insert new item at current level.  With a prefix argument, force a
     new heading (*note Structure editing::).  If this command is used
     in the middle of an item, that item is _split_ in two, and the
     second part becomes the new item(7).  If this command is executed
     _before item's body_, the new item is created _before_ the current
     one.

Why is `before item's body' emphasized?  As far as I'm concerned, only
`before' should be emphasized.

BTW, why is the node name `Plain lists'?  In Emacs manuals, all the
node name are made of capitalized words, for example:
(info "(emacs) Saving Emacs Sessions")
(info "(elisp) Syntax Tables")
(info "(widget) Widget Wishlist")
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao

* Re: About `org-insert-heading' in Org's manual
@ 2013-01-12  8:52 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-12  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xue,

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> In (info "(org) Plain lists"):
> `M-<RET>'     (`org-insert-heading')
>      Insert new item at current level.  With a prefix argument, force a
>      new heading (*note Structure editing::).  If this command is used
>      in the middle of an item, that item is _split_ in two, and the
>      second part becomes the new item(7).  If this command is executed
>      _before item's body_, the new item is created _before_ the current
>      one.
>
> Why is `before item's body' emphasized?  As far as I'm concerned, only
> `before' should be emphasized.

I don't mind.

> BTW, why is the node name `Plain lists'?  In Emacs manuals, all the
> node name are made of capitalized words, for example:
> (info "(emacs) Saving Emacs Sessions")
> (info "(elisp) Syntax Tables")
> (info "(widget) Widget Wishlist")

In Org's manual, not all the node names are made of capitalized words.

If you want to contribute to Org, please try to make constructive and
useful suggestions first: that way you'll get write access and be able
to fix those tiny things that don't matter that much.

Bye,

--
 Bastien

* Re: About `org-insert-heading' in Org's manual
@ 2013-01-12 12:42   ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-01-12 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 09:52:36 +0100
Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> If you want to contribute to Org, please try to make constructive and
> useful suggestions first: that way you'll get write access and be able
> to fix those tiny things that don't matter that much.

Thanks for your reply.  I have a few suggestions (maybe not constructive):
1. Build an architecture that supports sharing org files and online real-time collaboration;
2. MobileOrg for Freerunner/Mer/Firefox OS/Bada/Windows Phone...
3. Web applications that use org-mode files as a back end for storing data;
4. Audio and video insertion in Org;
5. Alarm support (I'm strongly addicted to alarm);
6. Convert doc/pdf/xls... to Org files.
--

@ 2013-01-12 13:22     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-12 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. Build an architecture that supports sharing org files and online real-time collaboration;

See Worg.  That's what we com'up best.

See also http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/63815

> 2. MobileOrg for Freerunner/Mer/Firefox OS/Bada/Windows Phone...

Please go ahead.

> 3. Web applications that use org-mode files as a back end for storing data;

Good idea.  Github does it, and perhaps others.
Also see the link above.

> 4. Audio and video insertion in Org;

Already possible.

> 5. Alarm support (I'm strongly addicted to alarm);

Did you read the manual?

> 6. Convert doc/pdf/xls... to Org files.

Not an Org task.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: About `org-insert-heading' in Org's manual
@ 2013-01-12 13:42       ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-01-12 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:22:43 +0100
Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> See also http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/63815
Sorry for not noticing this thread.

> > 4. Audio and video insertion in Org;
>
> Already possible.
I found it just now, thanks for your information.

> > 5. Alarm support (I'm strongly addicted to alarm);
>
> Did you read the manual?
I'm an Org novice, and I'm still learning.

> > 6. Convert doc/pdf/xls... to Org files.
>
> Not an Org task.
Why do you think that?  I think that both import and export are important. Unless the file format is binary or closed (hard to analyse), importing is a good feature.

Thanks.
--

@ 2013-01-12 14:01         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-12 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xue,

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> Why do you think that?  I think that both import and export are
> important. Unless the file format is binary or closed (hard to analyse),
> importing is a good feature.

Yes, I strongly agree this is a very important feature, I'm just
saying this should not be developed as a feature of Org, but a more
general feature.

Best,

--
 Bastien