From: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net>
To: John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc: org-mode-email <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: S-RET
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 11:31:28 +0200

> you can find a lot of functions like the ones in jupyter at
> https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/scimax-ob.el. I setup my
> ipython like this:
> https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/scimax-org-babel-ipython-upstream.el#L89
>
> although I will note there are several setups in that file, e.g. this
> hydra:
> https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/scimax-org-babel-ipython-upstream.el#L271
> …
> I don't use them all, but leave them to remind me sometimes.

Thanks, the number of supported features is impressive!

I see that the file name contains the word 'upstream'.  This implies a set
of patches to upstream modules.  Are there any plans to submit upstream
at least some of the most often used commands that correspond to
basic Jupyter shortcuts?

For example, it would make sense to bring scimax-execute-and-next-block
under the org-babel namespace as e.g. org-babel-execute-src-block-and-next-block
in the upstream ob-core.el.  Then S-RET will be available to other ob backends
(such as ob-ruby.el that I use often too.)