From: Thomas Albers <tgalbers2000@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: org-checkbox-hierarchical-statistics not working as expected
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:49:15 +0200

Hello,

I have been playing around with checkboxes and I noticed a behaviour I
did not expect based on what I read on the documentation.

Footnote 2 in the chapter 5.6 talks about the
'org-checkbox-hierarchical-statistics' variable, which I have set to
nil. But the top level header still does no show the count of checked off
items.

I have also used the :COOKIE_DATA: property set to recursive with the
same results.

What I would expect based on the documentation:
     * Some header [1/2]
     :PROPERTIES:
     :COOKIE_DATA: recursive
     :END: