* Asciidoc
@ 2011-10-09  3:43 Stephen Nelson-Smith
From: Stephen Nelson-Smith @ 2011-10-09  3:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I have a large piece of writing to do, which my publisher wants in
asciidoc.  I'd prefer to write in orgmode and export as asciidoc.  Is
this feasible?  Anyone doing this or done this before?

S.

* Re: Asciidoc
@ 2011-10-21  8:43 ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2011-10-21  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a large piece of writing to do, which my publisher wants in
> asciidoc.  I'd prefer to write in orgmode and export as asciidoc.

I used to use asciidoc but much prefer orgmode now.

> Is this feasible?  Anyone doing this or done this before?

Not directly as far as I know. You have different options:

- Export to odt and from there to mediawiki followed by some text munging
- Use the generic exporter to generate mediawiki again followed by
  some text munging
- Tweak the generic exporter (don't know how feasible and easy that is)
- Write an exporter. For simple ascii exporter that should be doable.
  There are however different competing starting points. There is an
  experimental generic exporter by Bastien and there is apparently one
  by Jambunathan. Can't tell you which one is better.

Hope that helps

--
Christian Egli