* TODO agenda filtering on priority?
@ 2012-04-07 15:59 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-04-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How to make a TODO agenda search that will show only #A priority items? (Or #B or #C?)

I see in the manual how to search on tags or properties, but not priorities. I suppose I can write a custom function, but I don't see documentation on the argument(s) passed to that function.

In the end, I want to make an block agenda with the priorities in different blocks.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

* Re: TODO agenda filtering on priority?
@ 2012-04-07 19:22 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2012-04-07 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi James

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 17:59, James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to make a TODO agenda search that will show only #A priority items? (Or #B or #C?)
> I see in the manual how to search on tags or properties, but not priorities.

The manual has an example for matching PRIORITY, linked from several
other manual pages about searches, here:
http://orgmode.org/manual/Matching-tags-and-properties.html

> In the end, I want to make an block agenda with the priorities in different blocks.

Be aware to set #B explicitly on the headline because of an issue with
the default priority described here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-07/msg00525.html

Michael

* Re: TODO agenda filtering on priority?
@ 2012-04-08  2:07   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-04-08  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Sat, 7 Apr 2012 21:22:59 +0200,
Michael Brand wrote:

> Hi James
>
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 17:59, James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How to make a TODO agenda search that will show only #A priority items? (Or #B or #C?)
> > I see in the manual how to search on tags or properties, but not priorities.
>
> The manual has an example for matching PRIORITY, linked from several
> other manual pages about searches, here:
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Matching-tags-and-properties.html

Oops, missed that, thanks.

> > In the end, I want to make an block agenda with the priorities in different blocks.
>
> Be aware to set #B explicitly on the headline because of an issue with
> the default priority described here:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-07/msg00525.html

Ugh, no fun. Maybe I'll try to figure out a custom search function.
hjh

--

@ 2012-04-08 14:23   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-04-08 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Brand; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Sat, 7 Apr 2012 21:22:59 +0200,
Michael Brand wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 17:59, James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How to make a TODO agenda search that will show only #A priority items? (Or #B or #C?)
> > I see in the manual how to search on tags or properties, but not priorities.
>
> The manual has an example for matching PRIORITY, linked from several
> other manual pages about searches, here:
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Matching-tags-and-properties.html

And my solution, for now: just a separate block for priority A. Priority B and C, I guess, don't really need to be in separate blocks.

 '(org-agenda-custom-commands
 (quote
   (
     ("0" "Block TODO" (
       (tags-todo "PRIORITY=\"A\"" (
         (org-agenda-overriding-header "TOP PRIORITY")
         (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (user-defined-up)))
       ))
       (tags-todo "-PRIORITY=\"A\"" (
         (org-agenda-overriding-header "Others")
         (org-agenda-sorting-strategy (quote (priority-down user-defined-up)))
       ))
     ) nil nil)
   )
 ))