* icalendar importing
@ 2009-01-30 19:18 Dale Smith
From: Dale Smith @ 2009-01-30 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Howdy list,

My company recently moved to an exchange server (ugh!) and so now i've
been getting icalendar meeting requests.  I have
icalendar-import-buffer in my gnus-article-prepare-hook, and that
works well enough to add things to my diary.  Diary entries show up im
my appointemts, so that's good, but I'd like to add them to an org
file instead.  Is there anything similar to icalendar-import-buffer
but creates a task in org format insteat of diary format?

Thanks!
  -Dale
--
Dale P. Smith
dales@vxitech.com

(Company mandated disclaimer follows...)

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18
U.S.C. 2510-2521.

This information is confidential and is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.

Thank you.

* Re: icalendar importing
@ 2009-01-30 21:09 ` David Thole
From: David Thole @ 2009-01-30 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Smith; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I'd be interested in finding this out as well.  Could you provide details
Dale on how you got it to import correctly into Diary even?  There's a huge
disconnect right now for me between my calendar and what I do my GTD stuff
in.

Thanks,

David

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Dale Smith <dales@vxitech.com> wrote:

> Howdy list,
>
> My company recently moved to an exchange server (ugh!) and so now i've
> been getting icalendar meeting requests.  I have
> icalendar-import-buffer in my gnus-article-prepare-hook, and that
> works well enough to add things to my diary.  Diary entries show up im
> my appointemts, so that's good, but I'd like to add them to an org
> file instead.  Is there anything similar to icalendar-import-buffer
> but creates a task in org format insteat of diary format?
>
> Thanks!
>  -Dale
> --
> Dale P. Smith
> dales@vxitech.com
> 216-447-4059 x2018
> 216-447-8951 FAX
>
> (Company mandated disclaimer follows...)
>
> This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18
> U.S.C. 2510-2521.
>
> This information is confidential and is intended only for the use of
> the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is
> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
> strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
> sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
> disclosing it.
>
> Thank you.

* Re: icalendar importing
@ 2009-01-30 21:56   ` Dale Smith
From: Dale Smith @ 2009-01-30 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Thole; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Thole <dthole@gmail.com> writes:

> I'd be interested in finding this out as well.  Could you provide details
> Dale on how you got it to import correctly into Diary even?  There's a
> huge disconnect right now for me between my calendar and what I do my GTD
> stuff in.

Sure.  I have

  (add-hook 'gnus-article-prepare-hook 'icalendar-import-buffer)

in my ~/.emacs file.  Read the comments at the top of icalendar.el .

You might need something like

  (autoload 'icalendar-import-buffer "icalendar"
    "Import iCalendar data from current buffer" t)

too.

HTH,
  -Dale

--

@ 2009-01-31 16:41 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-31 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dale Smith; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 30, 2009, at 8:18 PM, Dale Smith wrote:

> Howdy list,
>
> My company recently moved to an exchange server (ugh!) and so now i've
> been getting icalendar meeting requests.  I have
> icalendar-import-buffer in my gnus-article-prepare-hook, and that
> works well enough to add things to my diary.  Diary entries show up im
> my appointemts, so that's good, but I'd like to add them to an org
> file instead.  Is there anything similar to icalendar-import-buffer
> but creates a task in org format insteat of diary format?

I believe there is icalendar to diary and back, this is part
of Emacs and documented in the Emacs manual, node "Importing Diary"

There is no direct import into Org-mode, but Org-mode
can include a diary file.

- Carsten