From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Checkboxes in headings - opinions wanted
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 20:28:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> Arthur,
>
> Could you just use unicode checkbox symbols instead of TODO and DONE?
>
> https://kdr2.com/tech/emacs/1405-orgmode-checkbox-unicode.html
>
> That ought to be just a string, and need no patch.

No, I am sorry, that is completely off.

I have done this minor mode to make it independent of TODO states. Just
replacing TODO and DONE (as I already did as described in other thread 2
days ago), is effectively locking TODO to ack as checkboxes. I would
like to be able to use TODO states together with a checkbox,
independently of each other, so no, I need something more general then
just renamed todo states.

Also unicode will depend on some font to be installed, I don't want to pay
that dependency, since I am using this for my init file.

By the way, this is not a patch, this is a small minor mode that can be
installed and enabled/disabled like an extra package.

By the way, there is a widghet.el library included in Emacs, if I wanted
to use checkboxes as in screenshot there, I could use that library, but
that would be much more involved than those few lines to write the code
I attached in first mail.