* How to highlight the LaTeX fragments inside orgmode
@ 2011-06-21 18:47 Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-21 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to highlight the syntax of the LaTeX fragments inside
orgmode.

I have tried to put the LaTeX parts into:

#+BEGIN_SRC LaTeX
#+END_SRC

But the output tex file will have the
\begin{verbatim}
\end{verbatim}

surrounding the parts. I'm wondering if it's possible to #+BEGIN_LaTeX: also
highlight the syntax inside the block?

Thanks!

Xin

* Re: How to highlight the LaTeX fragments inside orgmode
@ 2011-06-21 19:35 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-06-21 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Xin Shi <shixin111@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to highlight the syntax of the LaTeX fragments inside
> orgmode.
>
> I have tried to put the LaTeX parts into:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC LaTeX
> #+END_SRC
>
> But the output tex file will have the
> \begin{verbatim}
> \end{verbatim}
>
> surrounding the parts. I'm wondering if it's possible to #+BEGIN_LaTeX: also
> highlight the syntax inside the block?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Xin

Hi Xin,

Try the following syntax

#+begin_src latex :exports results :results code
#+end_src

Making sure that you have the ob-latex.el loaded.

Note that you can set the two header arguments on the subtree or the
file level so that you don't have to continually re-type them.  See the
header arguments portion of the manual for information on how to do
this.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: How to highlight the LaTeX fragments inside orgmode
@ 2011-06-21 20:25   ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-21 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply!

I added these two lines into .emacs and it worked!

(require 'ob-latex)
(setq org-src-fontify-natively t)

However, I noticed something else is broken with the ob-latex:

The C-c C-e d (export to PDF and open the PDF file) is no longer working.
Maybe a bug in 7.5?

Best,
Xin

@ 2011-06-21 20:49     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-21 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Xin Shi <shixin111@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I noticed something else is broken with the ob-latex:
>
> The C-c C-e d (export to PDF and open the PDF file) is no longer working. Maybe a bug in 7.5?

Works fine here: Org-mode version 7.5 (baseline.324.ga0bc.dirty)

Nick

* Re: How to highlight the LaTeX fragments inside orgmode
@ 2011-06-21 20:56       ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-21 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks. Maybe it's just not working here.

Also, I got this question every time:

Evaluate this latex code block on your system? (y or n)

Are there anyway to turn accept all?

Xin

@ 2011-06-21 21:02         ` chris.m.malone
From: chris.m.malone @ 2011-06-21 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xin,

I have the following line in my .emacs file:

(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

This, I think, turns off asking for evaluation for all languages. Not sure
if it can be done on a language specific basis or not.
Chris

@ 2011-06-21 21:05         ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-06-21 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Xin Shi <shixin111@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks. Maybe it's just not working here.
>
> Also, I got this question every time:
>
> Evaluate this latex code block on your system? (y or n)
>
> Are there anyway to turn accept all?

the following will disable this prompt

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: How to highlight the LaTeX fragments inside orgmode
@ 2011-06-21 21:24           ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-21 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode