* TODO or checkboxes in org tables
@ 2020-05-01 20:28 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-05-01 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I have an orgtable with a lot of useful information, I would like to add
a column either for TODOS or checkboxes but it seems not work any idea
whether such an addon package exist or any change that such a feature
will be implemented?

Regards

Uwe Brauer

* Re: TODO or checkboxes in org tables
@ 2020-05-02  8:46 ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2020-05-02  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Uwe,

> I have an orgtable with a lot of useful information, I would like to add
> a column either for TODOS or checkboxes but it seems not work any idea
> whether such an addon package exist or any change that such a feature
> will be implemented?

I use a different approach.
I store the information in a normal org structure with TODO keywords.
I hide the checkboxes (and other meta information) in a drawer.

From this I generate a column view to present the information in a table.

You can generate different column views from the same data set.
I used the second version for years but recently discovered the :match argument.
If you mark the actual data as :noexport: only the table will be printed.

Greetings
Axel

** Arbeitsfortschritt
:PROPERTIES:
    :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: Beispiele
    :EXPORT_OPTIONS: num:nil
    :COLUMNS:  %50ITEM(Problem) %5PB(Nr BP) %11TODO(Status) %6TAGS(Wer) %10TERMIN(Termin) %7ERLEDIGT(Erledigt){X/} %6SICHERHEIT(Sicher){X/}
    :ID: Aufgaben
:END:

*** 2017-10-19 [5/7]
**** CAD nachpflegen Lasertaster                                     :BKI:
:PROPERTIES:
:TERMIN:
:PB: 1
:ERLEDIGT: [ ]
:END:
**** DONE Ventilinsel                                                :BKI:
:PROPERTIES:
:ERLMON:   [X]
:PB:       2
:ERLEDIGT: [X]
:END:
- Kollision mit Verkleidung prüfen
**** DONE Schaltschrank
    CLOSED: [2017-11-22 Mi 11:52]
    :PROPERTIES:
    :PB:       3
    :ERLEDIGT:   [X]
    :TERMIN: 2017-12-05
    :END:
**** DONE Schutzverkleidung
    CLOSED: [2017-10-20 Fr 09:29]
    :PROPERTIES:
    :PB:       4
    :ERLEDIGT:   [X]
    :TERMIN: 2017-11-03
    :SICHERHEIT: [ ]
    :END:
**** Projektleiter Bodenverankerung (Bohrtiefe)                       :PL:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :PB:       5
    :ERLEDIGT: [ ]
    :END:
- Befestigung kundenseitig
**** DONE Wartungseinheit
    CLOSED: [2017-11-02 Do 07:54]
    :PROPERTIES:
    :PB:       6
    :ERLEDIGT:   [X]
    :END:
- Luftzuführung
- zusätzlicher Verteiler für gesicherte Luft
- Rejekt und Stopper mit Einzelventilen
**** DONE Roboter Vakuumerzeuger
    CLOSED: [2018-01-16 Di 13:33]
    :PROPERTIES:
    :PB:       7
    :ERLEDIGT: [X]
    :END:
- Bohrung in Rahmen fertig
- Blechteil fehlt noch

*** Aushang Arbeitsfortschritt

#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id "Aufgaben" :indent t :match "/-DONE" :format "%50ITEM(Problem) %5PB(Nr) %12TODO %8TAGS(Wer) %12Termin"
#+attr_latex: :align p{3.5cm}rlll
| Problem                              | Nr | TODO            | Wer   | Termin |
|--------------------------------------+----+-----------------+-------+--------|
| \_  Arbeitsfortschritt               |    |                 |       |        |
| \_    2017-10-19                     |    |                 |       |        |
| \_      Lasertaster                  |  1 | CAD nachpflegen | :BKI: |        |
| \_      Bodenverankerung (Bohrtiefe) |  5 | Projektleiter   | :PL:  |        |
| \_    Aushang Arbeitsfortschritt     |    |                 |       |        |
#+END

*** Aushang Arbeitsfortschritt (alt)

#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id "Aufgaben" :indent t :format "%50ITEM(Problem) %5PB(Nr) %12TODO %8TAGS(Wer) %12Termin %7ERLEDIGT(Erledigt){X/}"
| Problem                              | Nr | TODO            | Wer   |     Termin | Erledigt |
|--------------------------------------+----+-----------------+-------+------------+----------|
| \_  Arbeitsfortschritt               |    |                 |       |            | [0/1]    |
| \_    2017-10-19                     |    |                 |       |            | [5/7]    |
| \_      Lasertaster                  |  1 | CAD nachpflegen | :BKI: |            | [ ]      |
| \_      Ventilinsel                  |  2 | DONE            | :BKI: |            | [X]      |
| \_      Schaltschrank                |  3 | DONE            |       | 2017-12-05 | [X]      |
| \_      Schutzverkleidung            |  4 | DONE            |       | 2017-11-03 | [X]      |
| \_      Bodenverankerung (Bohrtiefe) |  5 | Projektleiter   | :PL:  |            | [ ]      |
| \_      Wartungseinheit              |  6 | DONE            |       |            | [X]      |
| \_      Roboter Vakuumerzeuger       |  7 | DONE            |       |            | [X]      |

@ 2020-05-02 19:33   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-05-02 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "AK" == Axel Kielhorn <org-mode@axelkielhorn.de> writes:

Hi Alex,

I am not sure my first answer made it, so I apologize for a possible
crossposting.

   > Hi Uwe,
   >> I have an orgtable with a lot of useful information, I would like to add
   >> a column either for TODOS or checkboxes but it seems not work any idea
   >> whether such an addon package exist or any change that such a feature
   >> will be implemented?

   > I use a different approach.
   > I store the information in a normal org structure with TODO keywords.
   > I hide the checkboxes (and other meta information) in a drawer.

I thought about this as well, but the table is an import form an excel
documente and contains a row of 70 different persons, so to transform
this to a normal org structure would require some work, I presume.

In any case, thanks for you example I will try it out.
   > From this I generate a column view to present the information in a table.

   > You can generate different column views from the same data set.
   > I used the second version for years but recently discovered the :match argument.
   > If you mark the actual data as :noexport: only the table will be printed.

A last question, which the command to generate the table
org-insert-dblock:columnview ?

Greetings

Uwe

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: TODO or checkboxes in org tables
@ 2020-05-03  7:05     ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2020-05-03  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Alex,
>
> I am not sure my first answer made it, so I apologize for a possible
> crossposting.

It didn’t reach me.

> A last question, which the command to generate the table
> org-insert-dblock:columnview ?

I’m using:

org-columns-insert-dblock

Inserting via

org-dynamic-block-insert-dblock

Section A.6 [Dynymic Blocks]

does not work.

The command is available in the menu <Org><TAGS and Properties>

The manual (7.5.3) says

C-c C-x i (org-insert-columns-dblock)
Insert a dynamic block capturing a column view. Prompt for the scope or ID of the view.

That does not work for me.

Emacs says:

org-insert-columns-dblock is an alias for `org-columns-insert-dblock'.

(org-insert-columns-dblock)

This function is obsolete since Org 9.0;
use ‘org-columns-insert-dblock’ instead.

For more information check the manuals.

Create a dynamic block capturing a column view table.

C-c C-x i is undefined for me.

I’m sending a bug report in a separate mail.

Greetings Axel

* Re: TODO or checkboxes in org tables
@ 2020-05-07 17:05       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-05-07 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "AK" == Axel Kielhorn <org-mode@axelkielhorn.de> writes:

Hi Alex

   >> Hi Alex,
   >>
   >> I am not sure my first answer made it, so I apologize for a possible
   >> crossposting.

   > It didn’t reach me.

   >> A last question, which the command to generate the table
   >> org-insert-dblock:columnview ?

   > I’m using:

   > org-columns-insert-dblock

That seems to be the same function I use.

However I set the cursor on
** Arbeitsfortschritt,
use that function and I obtain

#+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id local
| ITEM                                       | TODO | PRIORITY | TAGS  |
|--------------------------------------------+------+----------+-------|
| Arbeitsfortschritt                         |      | B        |       |
| 2017-10-19                                 |      | B        |       |
| CAD nachpflegen Lasertaster                |      | B        | :BKI: |
| Ventilinsel                                | DONE | B        | :BKI: |
| Schaltschrank                              | DONE | B        |       |
| Schutzverkleidung                          | DONE | B        |       |
| Projektleiter Bodenverankerung (Bohrtiefe) |      | B        | :PL:  |
| Wartungseinheit                            | DONE | B        |       |
| Roboter Vakuumerzeuger                     | DONE | B        |       |
| Aushang Arbeitsfortschritt                 |      | B        |       |
| Aushang Arbeitsfortschritt (alt)           |      | B        |       |
#+END:

Which is not what you seemed to get. What is my mistake?

Thanks and regards

Uwe

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: TODO or checkboxes in org tables
@ 2020-05-08  4:37         ` Axel Kielhorn
From: Axel Kielhorn @ 2020-05-08  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Alex

>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> I am not sure my first answer made it, so I apologize for a possible
>>> crossposting.
>
>> It didn’t reach me.
>
>>> A last question, which the command to generate the table
>>> org-insert-dblock:columnview ?
>
>> I’m using:
>
>> org-columns-insert-dblock
>

> That seems to be the same function I use.
>
> However I set the cursor on
> ** Arbeitsfortschritt,
> use that function and I obtain
>
> #+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id local
> | ITEM                                       | TODO | PRIORITY | TAGS  |
> |--------------------------------------------+------+----------+-------|
> | Arbeitsfortschritt                         |      | B        |       |
> | 2017-10-19                                 |      | B        |       |
> | CAD nachpflegen Lasertaster                |      | B        | :BKI: |
> | Ventilinsel                                | DONE | B        | :BKI: |
> | Schaltschrank                              | DONE | B        |       |
> | Schutzverkleidung                          | DONE | B        |       |
> | Projektleiter Bodenverankerung (Bohrtiefe) |      | B        | :PL:  |
> | Wartungseinheit                            | DONE | B        |       |
> | Roboter Vakuumerzeuger                     | DONE | B        |       |
> | Aushang Arbeitsfortschritt                 |      | B        |       |
> | Aushang Arbeitsfortschritt (alt)           |      | B        |       |
> #+END:
>

> Which is not what you seemed to get. What is my mistake?

I’m sorry, I didn’t tell you the whole truth.

„Projektleiter“ and „CAD Nachpflegen“ are defined as TODO keywords.

(A special case of WAITNG and an ALLMOST DONE state)

You have to add the additional options yourself:

:indent t :format "%50ITEM(Problem) %5PB(Nr) %12TODO %8TAGS(Wer) %12Termin %7ERLEDIGT(Erledigt){X/}"

I hope that helps
Axel

* Re: TODO or checkboxes in org tables
@ 2020-05-08  9:21           ` Uwe Brauer