* Beamer onlyenv
@ 2012-08-26 18:45 Avdi Grimm
From: Avdi Grimm @ 2012-08-26 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

I have a lot of slides where I want to incrementally show arbitrary
information or code that is *not* part of a bullet list. I've been doing it
like this:

#+BEAMER: \begin{onlyenv}<2->
...some content...
#+BEAMER: \end{onlyenv}

I haven't been able to find any comprehensive org-beamer docs, and I've
been wondering: is there a nicer way to do this using org's beamer support?

I know about the shorthand syntax for bullet lists:

** <1-> Point 1
** <2-> Point 2
** <3-> etc...

But again, this is for content outside of lists.

Thanks,

--
Avdi

* Re: Beamer onlyenv
@ 2012-08-30  5:32 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-30  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avdi Grimm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

Hi Avdi,

Avdi Grimm <groups@inbox.avdi.org> writes:

> I have a lot of slides where I want to incrementally show arbitrary
> information or code that is *not* part of a bullet list. I've been
> doing it like this:
>
> #+BEAMER: \begin{onlyenv}<2->
> ...some content...
> #+BEAMER: \end{onlyenv}
>
> I haven't been able to find any comprehensive org-beamer docs, and
> I've been wondering: is there a nicer way to do this using org's
> beamer support?

Not to my knowledge, but I didn't test the new org-e-beamer exporter
for this feature.  Did you?

I'm unsure your use-case is very common, if it it, hopefully someone
can implement this in the next exporter.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Beamer onlyenv
@ 2012-09-04  7:35 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-09-04  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avdi Grimm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

Hello,

Avdi Grimm <groups@inbox.avdi.org> writes:

> I have a lot of slides where I want to incrementally show arbitrary
> information or code that is *not* part of a bullet list. I've been doing it
> like this:
>
> #+BEAMER: \begin{onlyenv}<2->
> ...some content...
> #+BEAMER: \end{onlyenv}
>
> I haven't been able to find any comprehensive org-beamer docs, and I've
> been wondering: is there a nicer way to do this using org's beamer
> support?

Using new back-end (and probably the old one, /mutatis mutandis/), you
can use something like:

  (add-to-list 'org-e-beamer-environments-extra
               '("onlyenv" "O" "\\begin{onlyenv}%a" "\\end{onlyenv}"))

You can then add an headline above your information and set its
properties "BEAMER_env" and "BEAMER_act" to, respectively, "onlyenv" and
"2-". You can set easily the first one with C-c C-b when
`org-e-beamer-mode' is active.

I am thinking about providing this feature with "ignoreheading"
environments. I.e.,

* Text                                           B_ignoreheading:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
  :BEAMER_act: 2-
  :END:

  contents

would provide

\begin<2->{onlyenv}
contents
\end{onlyenv}

Though, I'm not sure about which environment to use in this case:
"onlyenv", "visibleenv", another one. Any comment about this?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Beamer onlyenv